Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just curious about this. My history with the Bulls goes back to 82. a year before Jordan got there. I have done some research on the club before. But I wanted to see what people thought about it. and I also wanted to know how we would do against other teams alltime teams. I know Boston could put on a monster team, so could the Lakers. But we might be top 5. Here is mine.

Forget PGs, SG, etc. I am going with 2 guards, 2 forwards, and a center. oldschool

G Jordan
G Sloane
C Gilmore
F Rodman
F Pippen

the bench
G Paxson
G Van Lier
C Cartwright
F Love
F Grant

Honarable mentions
Hinrich, Woolridge, Curry, JC, Chandler, Oakley, Jwill (i think if healthy, he would have been first team), Brian Williams (great in his 15 games with us), Harper, Kerr, Dailey (drugs ruined him) Gervin (if we only has him a year earlier)

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
I think you gotta drop Hinrich, Curry, Chandler, JWill etc just because it's way too early for that.

I think BJ has to be in consideration... plus Kukoc. And maybe even Theus.

P.S. Gimme some Love?

P.P.S. Jeers for no Boerwinkle :(

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by <b>airety</b>!
I think you gotta drop Hinrich, Curry, Chandler, JWill etc just because it's way too early for that.

I think BJ has to be in consideration... plus Kukoc. And maybe even Theus.

P.S. Gimme some Love?

P.P.S. Jeers for no Boerwinkle :(
Theus was a huge oversight. Sorry about that. Boerwinkle as well. I had Love on my second team. Kukoc was a third oversight. Put Kukoc as a guard over Van Lier and move Stormin Norman to honorable mention. i know that wont go over well with you guys, but that is what I see. Boerwinkle was def an honorable mention. Theus is close to second team. Put Corzine in Honorable Mention. He wasnt great, but gave a solid effort for a long long time as a Bull. Biggest Bust the bulls ever had, was David Greenwood. To think the Lakers actually thought about taking him over Magic for a second is astonishing.

·
Premium Member
8,415 Posts
What would be funny would be to put together the worst possible Bulls lineup of all time. Or do we just need to grab out of a hat from the 97-98 and 98-99 squads?

·
Registered
471 Posts
worst bull of all time

dragan tarlac was pretty bad - maybe the worst ever

if you consider expectations (i.e. draft position, contract, hype, etc.) compared with performance, bagaric was the worst ever.

he obvioyusly wasn't all that hyped, but krause used a first round pick on the dali. one of the worst scouting jobs ever in the league. thanks ivica "but i found kukoc" duncan.

·
Registered
471 Posts
all time best players

sorry to throw this thread in a different direction.

as far as best bulls players of all time what about jalen rose?

i was gald he got traded, but rose was pretty amazing during the time that he was here (especially in his first season). honorable mention i think. he's one of the best basketball players to ever play for the bulls IMO.

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: worst bull of all time

Originally posted by <b>onetenthlag</b>!
dragan tarlac was pretty bad - maybe the worst ever

if you consider expectations (i.e. draft position, contract, hype, etc.) compared with performance, bagaric was the worst ever.

he obvioyusly wasn't all that hyped, but krause used a first round pick on the dali. one of the worst scouting jobs ever in the league. thanks ivica "but i found kukoc" duncan.
one name should stand above the rest here. Granville Waiters

·
Registered
268 Posts
Dickie Simpkins for worst ever?

I would say Chris Jeffries but he hit that three for the free tacos, eliciting the loudest cheer of the year in the UC.

·
Jesus Shuttlesworth
17,071 Posts
JWill over Crawford!?:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

·
Jesus Shuttlesworth
17,071 Posts
RANDY BROWN FOR WORST EVER!

·
Registered
31 Posts
How could Jeff Sanders not be on the all-time worst list. The guy was also a first round pick and never amounted to anything on the Bulls or any other team for that matter. On top of all that, the guy's most renown momemt in the NBA came when he shoot at the wrong NBA basket after a free-throw and MISSED! By far the worst b-ball player I've ever seen.

Jhaze99

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Originally posted by <b>jhaze99</b>!
How could Jeff Sanders not be on the all-time worst list. The guy was also a first round pick and never amounted to anything on the Bulls or any other team for that matter. On top of all that, the guy's most renown momemt in the NBA came when he shoot at the wrong NBA basket after a free-throw and MISSED! By far the worst b-ball player I've ever seen.

Jhaze99
MJ nicknamed this kid No-doze. But i stick with Granville Waiters. There has never been a bigger stiff in the history of the league. And to think he started for awhile is pure craziness

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Originally posted by <b>Mikedc</b>!
How about Mark Randall, Byron Houston, Keith Booth or Travis Knight? They were all woeful.

But Dragan Tarlac was awful... the fact he got like a $2.5M contract has to make him the the worst on some kind of per dollar basis.
Travis Knight has to be the only first round draft pick in the history of the NBA to be waived before training camp even started. That has to be the only time that has ever happened

·
Administrator 12/02--7/07
36,839 Posts
Artis Gilmore needs some love on this thread.

Dave Corzine...?

Well, lets not talk about Dave Corzine.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Chet Walker (the Jet) would have to be on this team. Some old time fans might argue pursuasively that he get strong consideration for the starting lineup (those that question the arbritary nature of the "50 greatest of all time"). He was the real deal and extremely skilled, I was at a game where he scored 48pts on Connie Hawkins. That team that lost in 73 (?) to Golden State broke my heart, they had it all!
C Clifford Ray
F Bob Love
F Chet Walker
G Jerry Sloan
G Norm Van Lier (The flying dutchman!!!)

Love the board, rlucas you are a great addition. I wish I had more time to post but I have 5 young kids and am trying to coach 3 BB teams. By the way DaBullz, I also valued your opinions greatly, I thought you added great counter-balance to popular opinion. All of you folks are great!

·
Rollin Wit Da Homies
5,080 Posts
Going back to thinking positively:

Jordan
Sloan
Gilmore
Rodman
Pippen

Bench:

G- Van Lier
G- Jalen Rose (have to give it to him, I think)
F- ELTON BRAND (far better than Ho Grant)
F- Bob Love
C- Tom Boerwinkle

Honorable mention: Bill Cartwright, John Paxson, Bob Boozer (he was basically getting 20 and 8 while he was in Chicago, the best years of his career).

·
Registered
31,975 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Showtyme</b>!
Going back to thinking positively:

Jordan
Sloan
Gilmore
Rodman
Pippen

Bench:

G- Van Lier
G- Jalen Rose (have to give it to him, I think)
F- ELTON BRAND (far better than Ho Grant)
F- Bob Love
C- Tom Boerwinkle

Honorable mention: Bill Cartwright, John Paxson, Bob Boozer (he was basically getting 20 and 8 while he was in Chicago, the best years of his career).
Pippen played guard, so you can squeeze out a better lineup, IMO.

Pippen
Jordan
Gilmore
Rodman
Love

Tough to pick Rodman over Chet the Jet.

2nd unit:
Theus
Rose
Cartwright
Walker
Grant

Honorable Mention:
Boerwinkle, Oakley, Woolridge, Mickey Johnson (Linton's dad), David Greenwood, Ricky Sobers, Bobby Wilkerson, Ron Harper, Kukoc, Longley, Armstrong, Paxson

Guys who got hurt and could have been way better for us:
Scott May, Jay Williams, Sidney Green (was awesome in college, got hurt 1st year in pros, still played but nowhere near what was expected).

Guys we had and wish we had in their primes:
Gervin, Larry Kenon, Cartwright, Ron Harper, Cazzie Russell, Jack Marin, Nate Thurmond.

Most underrated Bull ever:
Clifford Ray

·
Rollin Wit Da Homies
5,080 Posts
Originally posted by <b>DaBullz</b>!

Pippen played guard, so you can squeeze out a better lineup, IMO.

Pippen
Jordan
Gilmore
Rodman
Love

Tough to pick Rodman over Chet the Jet.

2nd unit:
Theus
Rose
Cartwright
Walker
Grant

Honorable Mention:
Boerwinkle, Oakley, Woolridge, Mickey Johnson (Linton's dad), David Greenwood, Ricky Sobers, Bobby Wilkerson, Ron Harper, Kukoc, Longley, Armstrong, Paxson

Guys who got hurt and could have been way better for us:
Scott May, Jay Williams, Sidney Green (was awesome in college, got hurt 1st year in pros, still played but nowhere near what was expected).

Guys we had and wish we had in their primes:
Gervin, Larry Kenon, Cartwright, Ron Harper, Cazzie Russell, Jack Marin, Nate Thurmond.

Most underrated Bull ever:
Clifford Ray
Amazed that there's still no Elton Brand on the list. He was definitely a Bull... for a few years, his was the only jersey worth even considering owning.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts