Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay Wheels & Rice, I know at least one of you reads this forum on a semi-regular basis, and I just wanted to let you know that I finally got the chance to watch the broadcast of Wednesday night's game vs. the Clippers last night (TiVo is a god-send), and I SAW YOU guys goofing around - pretending to be arguing about stuff - behind Barrett & Snapper each and every time the camera was on 'em!

HA!

PBF
PS: BTW, that was some funny stuff! Keep it up!

·
Registered
6,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh... and who was that old guy you were getting into the act in the 2nd half? That was just...

...shameful.

:)

PBF

·
Registered
936 Posts
Funny, I was going to mention this same thing. I've seen them do that on a couple occasions this year. It's kind of funny. They really ham it up.

·
Registered
9,192 Posts
I always listen to them over the TV, and there have been a few occasions when rice likes to try to "look pretty" if someone is in bounding the ball in front of him or something.

I've been in that position before (sitting at the press table with someone inbounding in front of me, and I know I can be seen on TV.) I didn't make any faces or anything though. Oh well.

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
During KGW broadcasts, I enjoy listening to the radio while watching the game muted on TV. The radio and TV are perfectly synchronized with broadcasts on KGW. It's very nice to have the best of both worlds. Of course, being a Snapper Aficionado, I listen to Mike and Steve for a quarter or so.

Nothing beats a KGW Blazer game. :cool:

·
Registered
9,192 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Loyalty4Life</b>!
During KGW broadcasts, I enjoy listening to the radio while watching the game muted on TV. The radio and TV are perfectly synchronized with broadcasts on KGW. It's very nice to have the best of both worlds. Of course, being a Snapper Aficionado, I listen to Mike and Steve for a quarter or so.
I've figured out ways around that delay.

In the past, for national games (either NBC or ABC games), I've used my reel to reel player to get the delay. I set it to monitor the playback tape head instead of the input, What happens is that it records the radio, then it plays back what it just recorded about half a second later, which is usually how long the delay is (it's about 600 milliseconds).

I can also use my computer to get a delay as well, although I don't often have to since I don't have cable.

I'm currently in the process of making a device for when I go to friend's houses to watch the cable games. Basically, I'll be able to plug my portable radio into it (or whatever else I want to plug into it), and I'll be able to set the delay to whatever I want up to about 20 seconds.

Nothing against the TV guys, but I just enjoy the radio broadcast more. Plus, I don't like any of the national TV guys.

Nothing beats a KGW Blazer game. :cool:
I know what beats a KGW Blazer game. Being at the game. heh heh heh...

·
Registered
11,878 Posts
I use to do that back in the Schonely days of radio

Turn down the tube and turn up The Schonz.... :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts