Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OR DID THE KNICKS GET FORMER ALL-STAR AND FUTURE ALL-STAR ONCE AGAIN ANTONIO MCDYESS, AND BAD-AZZZZ FRANKIE WILLIAMS FROM CHICAGO????????? AS POINT GUARD????

OMG!!!!!!!! IM BOUT TO DANCE NAKED IN THA STREET IM SO HAPPY:yes:

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
Originally posted by Fordy74
OR DID THE KNICKS GET FORMER ALL-STAR AND FUTURE ALL-STAR ONCE AGAIN ANTONIO MCDYESS, AND BAD-AZZZZ FRANKIE WILLIAMS FROM CHICAGO????????? AS POINT GUARD????

OMG!!!!!!!! IM BOUT TO DANCE NAKED IN THA STREET IM SO HAPPY:yes:
:laugh: I'm glad I'm not there to see your celebration dance!

I think NY is making out rather well.

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by Ron
Who's going to play center, Fordy? :grinning:
true, but im hoping for Olowakandi or Keon Clark.

F. Williams
Houston
Spree
Mcdyess
Clark/Kandi

not bad!:)

·
Site Founder
15,518 Posts
Knicks are over the cap, so they can't sign Kandi.

They'd have to do a S & T with the Clips, but they have nothing to offer.

There are reports at this time (unconfirmed) in the Toronto paper web sites that the Raptors are sending Rush and Murray to the Lakers for Hunter and Jeffries, freeing up money to resign Keon Clark.

It's going to be just like last year: when the season starts, the Knicks still won't have a legit 5. :no:

·
Registered
694 Posts
Mcdyess is a jerk. He was on Danny Ainge's team in Pheonix when they were actually decent. He had the chance to resign there but he wanted more money, hence he went to the Nuggets. Now ever since then he's been crying about how he wanted to get traded.

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
Originally posted by hOnDo
Mcdyess is a jerk. He was on Danny Ainge's team in Pheonix when they were actually decent. He had the chance to resign there but he wanted more money, hence he went to the Nuggets. Now ever since then he's been crying about how he wanted to get traded.
I read that McD went back to the Nuggets for less money than he would have received from the suns.

He went to be with his friend, Nick Van Exel (who really thought he & his friend, Antonio, could win in Denver), who THEN decided he had had enough of losing and bailed out on his friend, Antonio.

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Originally posted by HEATLUNATIC
I HATE THE KNICKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D
I wonder why???:D ;) :laugh:

·
Registered
553 Posts
The way I look at it, you gave up one guy that is always injured and change, for another guy thats always injured and change.

If McDyess can stay healthy, you're on a winner... but when has he ever stayed healthy?

·
Registered
388 Posts
It's a risk worth taking for the New York Knicks though. It obviously wasn't working with Marcus Camby so scratch him out, Mark Jackson is an old man who shouldn't start over Frank Williams anyway so scratch that guy out. Nene Hillario is the guy who has my eyes open, he has skills and I was hoping the Magic would have traded up for him.

It's a shame McDyess is such a gamble, if he's healthy then the Nuggets would somehow be the loser on this. Amazing how this deal might turn out to help both teams.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Originally posted by T-Mac
It's a risk worth taking for the New York Knicks though. It obviously wasn't working with Marcus Camby so scratch him out, Mark Jackson is an old man who shouldn't start over Frank Williams anyway so scratch that guy out. Nene Hillario is the guy who has my eyes open, he has skills and I was hoping the Magic would have traded up for him.

It's a shame McDyess is such a gamble, if he's healthy then the Nuggets would somehow be the loser on this. Amazing how this deal might turn out to help both teams.
True. Both teams could benefit from this given the right circumstances. Adds another interesting side note to next season. Definitely something to keep an eye on.

Look at Denvers front line: Camby-Howard-Hilario

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
i definately think this trade will help each team in the long run for denver with the young nene, getting camby will help them short term...

while with the knicks they get a new point guard who will take over the team...and they get a pf who will dominate the east pf's...

so i think it will work out for both teams....even if mcdyess is on one leg or whatever....he will still put up good numbers

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Originally posted by HEATLUNATIC
Dice is GREAT,but hes NOT gonna dominate
Wallace/B.G./Reef/Walker and K-Mart!
i think he could match well against those guys....ur telling me toine is gonna guard Mcdyess effectively for a whole game? the only people i see there that could guard Mcdyess well are Wallace and KMART. Walker, Reef, and BG will get punished.....

·
Beer Drinker!!!
8,247 Posts
It said in the paper this morning that Zo and B.G. are gonna train together all summer!In other words B.G. is gonna get DIESEL,like he was back in Portland!

Im NOT saying B.G. is better then Dice,cuz hes NOT!Im saying he ISNT gonna get punished!

·
Chillin'
20,141 Posts
Well, I'm jealous of the Nuggets situation. They have an extremely athletic PF/C in Nene, and that other guy... don't know his name... :D And not to mention a TON of capspace next year to go after a key free agent, in a great FA class with Duncan, Kidd, Jerm, etc. PLUS they now have - on paper - the best candidates for the LeBron James sweepstakes.

IF all this happens, and they get James, this team could contend in a few years.

No team has won this trade yet. The Nuggs may actually win this trade, if Camby stays healthy and Hilario and [that other rookie] live up to expectations. Or if Dice gets injured again...

We won't know for a couple years at least.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Originally posted by Shaqs big toe

True. Both teams could benefit from this given the right circumstances. Adds another interesting side note to next season. Definitely something to keep an eye on.

Look at Denvers front line: Camby-Howard-Hilario
Thats a great front court, You have a potentially great player in Hilario, an already great player in Camby, and a pretty good backup in howard. At least one of these guys will work, and if they all work, then youve got the makings of a nice trade.:yes:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts