Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am I the only balla who enjoys this man's commentating?

He is so stupid and corny that he is actually hilarious in my opinion. He makes fun of players which is definitely a positive attribute, who else does that besides Ainge?

He is condascending to the audience, overemphasizing his points to sound intelligent which I find quite comical. I enjoy his one liners..

I also find it quite amusing how everybody can't stand him. Do you think he knows he actually isn't liked by the public? What do you think Luke Walton thinks of the public opinion of his father? What do you think other NBA players like Rashard Lewis or Michael Jordan think of him when their trying to watch the finals?

The guy is a crackup. And I for one am glad ABC extended this brothas contract.

Here were two of his quotes from this year's finals.

Bill Walton - What a phenomenal pass by the big man, Shaquille O'neal with the no look!

Steve Jones - C'mon, that was just a routine pass, Shaw just simply beat his man off the back cut....

Bill Walton - Balderdash

Bill Walton - (After Lindsey Hunter sukked a$$ repeatedly) You know.... Lindsey Hunter is starting to make Devean George look like John Stockton.

:laugh:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Bill is the second best announcer around....barkley is the first.....since he doesnt announce that often....bill is the best there is.....the guy is hilarious...his over exaggeration and his tone of voice leave u wondering whether he is serious or being sarcastic. along wit bill the only other good announcers are ainge, john thompson, and hubie brown(he's annoying but he knows the game)

·
Registered
8,660 Posts
Re:

Bill Walton is ONLY good when he's NOT announcing LAKER games. He has this huge BIAS when it comes to them, he just appreciates their game NON STOP. Every shot kobe makes, there he goes with the jordan comparisons. Every pass by shaq, starts callin' him the greatest center of all time. The way he's getting hard-ons whenever Horry throws in a nice entry pass to shaq. Whenever lakers play good team defense, stars callin' them the best team ever. Everything is SO exaggerated by him whenever it comes to the lakers - especially kobe. That's y he should stick to other teams with the same announcing cast - snappa and marv. Those r the only 2 who can keep him under control.

People in general don't like the lakers and when u see a guy constantly appreciating their game on the most simplest of things, IT GETS VERY ANNOYING.

He was gr8 to listen the last couple of years cuz it was usually doug collins and bob costas who were doing the lakers games..........I hope ABC doesn't let him do the laker games next season.

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
Bill Walton is sometimes actually funny while doing the Clipper games....which he should stick to doing.

BTW, his ridiculous Laker bias goes right out the window when the Clippers play the Lakers, especially when Corey Maggette shows how Kobe is not quite the defender most give him credit for being.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
i hate how walton commentates...his tone of voice is so annoying....

this was him talkin about shaq " his sheer and utter dominance in the low post is unstoppable"

well duh!

·
Registered
39 Posts
I like him i guess...you just can't take him seriously...I DO like when he can bring up experiences from his playing days to illustrate points during games...

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Originally posted by linus#1
I like him i guess...you just can't take him seriously...I DO like when he can bring up experiences from his playing days to illustrate points during games...
ya, but theyre so moronic....even kids nowadays can think of better things to say during the games....his past things are cool...but i hate how he cuts in and starts talking....like seriously....

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Originally posted by Krayzie_02
Bill is the second best announcer around....barkley is the first.....since he doesnt announce that often....bill is the best there is.....the guy is hilarious...his over exaggeration and his tone of voice leave u wondering whether he is serious or being sarcastic. along wit bill the only other good announcers are ainge, john thompson, and hubie brown(he's annoying but he knows the game)
Have you ever heard a game called by a Hall of Fame announcer named Chick Hearn? He's 89 years old and is better than Walton, Hubie, and Ainge put together. He's hilarious! Those three guys I just listed, are the three most annoying characters in pro basketball.:yes:

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
Chick was one of the 2 best in the business, but the last 5/6 years he has interrupted Stu way too much since he passed 80. I believe he is 85 now.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Walton is bombastic and over the top.

Barkley and Walton seem to be missing that regulator in your brain which says, "Maybe I shouldn't say what I'm thinking". That's why it is so easy to love or hate them. I think they add color to the game and are great fodder for my comic.

I actually thought Double T (Tom Tolbert) was perhaps the best studio color guy this year.

No one can beat EJ as host.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts