Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Carbo04 said:
http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns/articles/0322suns.html

Wow, at 80% I don't think I like this. Stay out at least until you're at the very least 95%.

Knee injuries are very serious and are not to be taken lightly. If Amare has another major injury, that could be it. He's young, he'll have plenty of opportunities when he gets back. Be patient and let the knee heal fully.

·
Registered
963 Posts
D.J. said:
Knee injuries are very serious and are not to be taken lightly. If Amare has another major injury, that could be it. He's young, he'll have plenty of opportunities when he gets back. Be patient and let the knee heal fully.
Thanks for the advice doc, but HIS doctors have been telling him his knee was fine for more than a month now. It was a matter of getting his mind into remembering what it was like to be healthy--which is what the last month has been about.

He's played 5-on-5 scrimmages for almost a week straight now, with no swelling on the other (non-surgery) knee, which he was overcompensating with.

What he's 80% about, is the return, meaning he will see how he feels tomorrow morning. If his knee still feels the same as it has this past week, then he plays. Simple.

·
Registered
963 Posts
On local radio, it was stated that they will be capping his minutes at 15, with 20, at the most, at least for the first few games or so.

He might also start, since his knees will still be warm from the warmups, instead of coming in cold from the bench.

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
carrrnuttt said:
On local radio, it was stated that they will be capping his minutes at 15, with 20, at the most, at least for the first few games or so.

He might also start, since his knees will still be warm from the warmups, instead of coming in cold from the bench.
Yeah, that's what I read too. 15-20mins is good start. I wonder who sits then....

Nash
Marion
Diaw
Bell
(Amare, James Jones, Barbosa, Tim Thomas)

If Amare starts, I expect James Jones sit. That means Diaw plays C, Marion plays SF and Amare plays PF.

·
kiss my grits
18,595 Posts

Yikes. If I were a Suns fan I'd be nervous. If I were the Suns I'd wait until the doctor's and Amare say he's ready to play, then wait 2-3 more weeks. That is my franchise's future, I wouldn't mess around.

·
kiss my grits
18,595 Posts
Carbo04 said:
Well apparently the doctors have been saying he's been fine for a few weeks now. We'll see. But I'm excited!!
Even so, I'd be extra cautious. Especially right now since he's got plenty of time to get back with the team and be ready for later in the playoffs.

Doctors once said Grant Hill would make a full recovery. Then said it again. And again. The Docs aren't always right.

Given the sketchy history of this operation and the way Amare plays I'd just be more careful.

·
Registered
6,750 Posts
JNice said:

Yikes. If I were a Suns fan I'd be nervous. If I were the Suns I'd wait until the doctor's and Amare say he's ready to play, then wait 2-3 more weeks. That is my franchise's future, I wouldn't mess around.
Exactly.

·
Curse of the Sonics
20,792 Posts
JNice said:
Doctors once said Grant Hill would make a full recovery. Then said it again. And again. The Docs aren't always right.
I agree. I've said this before, but I get the horrible feeling that we have seen the best of Amare Stoudemire, and that he'll never be the same. That his 38 point average for an entire series against Tim Duncan will be used as a reference point for how good he could have been.

That's just the feeling I get from the way the whole thing is going down. I hope to God I'm wrong though. Amare Stoudemire is electric and the league is a whole lot better with him completely healthy.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Besides health concerns, Amare needs more time to work himself into the team. He might distrupt the flow of the team without him. It's always hard to work in a player no matter how good he is, back into a team that's playing smoothly, after such a long absence.

·
kiss my grits
18,595 Posts
Sir Patchwork said:
I agree. I've said this before, but I get the horrible feeling that we have seen the best of Amare Stoudemire, and that he'll never be the same. That his 38 point average for an entire series against Tim Duncan will be used as a reference point for how good he could have been.

That's just the feeling I get from the way the whole thing is going down. I hope to God I'm wrong though. Amare Stoudemire is electric and the league is a whole lot better with him completely healthy.

For whatever reason I get the same feeling but I sure as hell hope I am wrong. Too many potentially great players have gone down with injuries (Penny, Hill, Tmac to some extent) ... it would suck to see the same happen to Amare.

I want to see him come back 110% so when the day comes that Dwight Howard is considered a better player there are no excuses. :) lol ...

·
Premium Member
116,017 Posts
jibikao said:
Yeah, that's what I read too. 15-20mins is good start. I wonder who sits then....

Nash
Marion
Diaw
Bell
(Amare, James Jones, Barbosa, Tim Thomas)

If Amare starts, I expect James Jones sit. That means Diaw plays C, Marion plays SF and Amare plays PF.

I think Amare will probably play C like last yr if he starts.

Yeah, I'm torn with this. I'm excited and also nervous cuz I don't want anything to happen. He's been dealing with the mental aspect of it. But it's not like he hurt it on the court. He felt soreness and had it looked at.

·
Registered
9,724 Posts
Amare's doctors have told him for a month now that his knee would be ready, the reason his return was set back a couple of times also wasn't the knee he had surgery on but the other knee that had some swelling after workouts which is normal for NBA players.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.