Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Despite being routed at home by Denver, Amare had a great game coming back from injury.

At the beginning of the 4th quarter rebounded and then he dribbled the ball coast-to-coast for a layup that looked like Magic Johnson in his prime.

I am NOT kidding.

Several other nice plays/dunks as well.

But make sure you check out that coast-to-coast move that was real sick, a jawdropper.

·
Incognasho
4,061 Posts
I didn't think the finish was that good, but he has had a couple nice moves going to the basket with the ball tonight. It's a blowout though so not like Denver is playing roughneck man to man defense.. looks like the ankle problem is behind him.

·
Registered
9,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He put pure domination on the Nuggets.

All points in the second half when he was out for most of the first. He was shouldering the whole team on his back.

Too bad the Suns can't defend a WNBA right now. It's like when the other team shoots less than 50% it is a really bad day for them.

Well the tank is rolling.

·
Registered
9,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As bad as this loss was.

This whole second half was one Amare Stoudemire highlight reel.

28pts 8reb 3ast 2stl in 28 minutes.

Anyone who says this guy is raw, get a clue.

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
He put on a show in the 4th Q, I'm glad I tuned in to see it.:yes:

·
Premium Member
6,144 Posts
What's so happy when your team losses like 5 win a row with Hardaway and Marbury gone. Where was Joe Johnson tonite? It's hard not to bring in some haters with his inconsistent play!

·
Incognasho
4,061 Posts
Originally posted by <b>John</b>!
What's so happy when your team losses like 5 win a row with Hardaway and Marbury gone. Where was Joe Johnson tonite? It's hard not to bring in some haters with his inconsistent play!
"What's so happy" is that Amaregeddon is coming off a major injury by which he missed 20 games, and after a very awkward looking first game coming off the bench, he exploded for 28 points in one half.

Loss or not, that's something to be happy about from your franchise cornerstone. When was the last time Penny scored 28 points in a game, much less a half? 1997? No one expects anything out of the Suns right now anyways.

·
Registered
9,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I don't think Penny ever had 28 in one half. He only had like 3 40+ games in his entire career.

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Originally posted by <b>The Franchise</b>!
sorry to bring that up
Good.

·
Premium Member
6,144 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Sovereignz</b>!

"What's so happy" is that Amaregeddon is coming off a major injury by which he missed 20 games, and after a very awkward looking first game coming off the bench, he exploded for 28 points in one half.

Loss or not, that's something to be happy about from your franchise cornerstone. When was the last time Penny scored 28 points in a game, much less a half? 1997? No one expects anything out of the Suns right now anyways.
Well, Penny win games for you, he was never a scorer, he was a playmaker.

During the years when healthy Penny Haradway helped the suns to win games after games.

The 42-18 for the first year with the Suns.
The 34-23? (I forgot something like that for year 2002-2003)

But this year, Penny was on the bench for clutch time most of the time, or the ball either goes to Joe Johnson or Marbury, see the result?

Penny knows how to use his presence on the floor to help team win games. To me, I dont care how many points a player score as long as he shows me that he can win games for me. For an example, Penny's 17/6/5 , with 42-18 record is much meaningful to Tracy's Mcgrady's losing team now.

Even back in 98-99, Penny was only a 16/6/6 guy at 42%FG, but his team was 33-17. When was Tracy leading his team to winning 66%? Besides, Tracy supporting cast was the same good if not better.

·
Registered
8,925 Posts
Its impressive sure, but I wouldnt call it dominating considering they lost by double digits.

·
Registered
9,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
That's BS.
Though the Suns lost, had they won they would probably show all the nice post moves and dunks he had plus the amazing coast to coast dribble and finish.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
It was great seeing Amare back, some of those post moves he did were awesome and were WOW! Some of those were so athletic it was amazing.

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
Suns have the worst defense right now.

Jahidi White looked really lost and everyone seems to be clueless how to play Zone.

Marion carried the suns in the first half, almost literally, no one was over 5 points apart from Marion with 17 and Zarko with 6.

The second half, was interesting.... Not only did Marion cool down, but everytime Amare got the ball he didn't want to pass it. He dunked and dunked.... he had about 7-8 dunks tonight... 4-5 were huge dunks.

Zarko showed basketball smarts that can make him as good as the elite international players in the league today. But he needs to muscle up.... I didn't really notice, but after seeing him play tonight, he looked like he lost weight... he is so skinny... I cannot see an ounce of muscle on his arms.

But it was a bad game overall. But it wasn't as dissapointing since Amare entertained me in the second half. Suns didn't give up even though they were down by 32 points late in the 3rd.

Denver seems to play suns good all the time. Voshon Lenard killed us.... thats it. Carmelo played nice, but Voshon was hitting shots everywhere and anytime. Camby played good too.

·
Registered
9,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Amare had 3 assists in the second half. He made not only dominant plays against Nene and Camby, especially Nene who was fired up to stop Amare. He also made smart plays at the right time.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts