Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
9,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't wait for one of these things to happen, we know both will.

A) Amare will be rusty and see limited minues.
antibody will troll the board "Randolph always destroys Amare" - LMAO

B) Amare will play as incredible as before and antibody won't show up.

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Have you got any links to this, cause I haven't seen any news saying he will be in tonite...

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Thank God, now I'm only missing 10 players from my Fantasy Basketball team on yahoo! Thanks BigAmare for the update...

·
Incognasho
4,061 Posts
I thought he was going to wait till after the all-star break, but I guess if he's 100% healthy there's no reason to sit on the bench.

I think he'll have a game like his first game back from the ankle injury against Sacramento.. something along the lines of 10 pts, 6 boards, 4 To's..

Looks like he will be in the rookie game at least.

·
Registered
9,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What a crap game so far.

The Blazers must have about 20 dunks and layups in the first half and the rest 3s.

JJ missed a couple of layups with their size inside.

I can't believe D'Antoni played Jacobsen, Marion, Eisley, Barbosa, Voshkul at the same time against the Blazers.

·
Registered
9,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Man this is awful.

The Blazers can't miss from the arc tonight. 7-10 before the half and get only layups resulting in 70% shooting.

·
Registered
7,213 Posts
good luck to the suns and amare, hopefully they can step it up in the second half.

·
Registered
9,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Positive Amare owned the Blazers offensively so far.

15 points in 15 minutes went to the line 9 times already.

JJ is only 1-5, 2 missed layups or floaters. He had some nice assists but they need to get him the ball more I hate how marion takes away so many shots when he is off and Eisley also shooting more than dishing.

·
Incognasho
4,061 Posts
Very ugly and sloppy on the Suns side of the ball.. Amare is the only one producing.. Portland is a decent offensive team but they suck on the road and it's embarassing to give up almost 70 points to them in a half.

Gotta love Rasheed Wallace. His team is up by 20 points and he throws a hissy fit because Amare stiff-armed him, he hacks Amare in retaliation then throws a ball at a ref.

I think the ref was a bit harsh to give him a second technical, but man.. you gotta learn when to let up..

·
Registered
9,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Randolph filled the boxscores quickly.

7 boards, 6 when amare was on the bench in the first quarter to start the game.
The 2nd quarter White was on Randolph and Amare on Sheed most of the time.

·
Registered
9,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
3 in a row for JJ now. But another turnover for the Suns and another 3 for the Blazers and another miss from Marion.

Argh!

·
Registered
9,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
7:28 PHO - Full timeout (Timeout #3)
7:28 POR - D. Miles dunks the ball. Assist: D. Stoudamire
7:33 POR - D. Stoudamire steals the ball from J. Johnson
7:43 POR - Layup by D. Miles. Assist: D. Stoudamire
7:48 POR - D. Stoudamire steals the ball from L. Barbosa

Sheesh they are playing so sloppy....:upset:

·
Incognasho
4,061 Posts
Wow.. I don't know if you're D'Antoni how you can call a play for Marion to try to tie the game on a 3 when he's 0-12 on jump shots for the game..

Very questionable call.. good run by Phoenix to give themselves a chance to send it to overtime at the end of the game though..

Great recovery by JJ and Amare played well offensively in his first game back. Pretty sad story for everyone else though..

·
Registered
9,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Unbelievable we almost pulled this one out with the Blazers shooting out of their minds in the first half and us turning it over and over again and Marion sucking big time.

I am so frustrated with Marion at many times this season. I wouldn't be opposed to trading him.

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
Originally posted by <b>BigAmare</b>!
Unbelievable we almost pulled this one out with the Blazers shooting out of their minds in the first half and us turning it over and over again and Marion sucking big time.

I am so frustrated with Marion at many times this season. I wouldn't be opposed to trading him.

You seem to have eased up on respecting Marion as of late. The guy is still suns best player. Mind you, although JJ has been stellar, Marion has still played better in more games this season.

But he has bee incosistent every few games, lack of motivation perhaps and he did got injured this year, he's probably just slacking off knowing suns aren't going anywhere this season.

·
Registered
109 Posts
What's with all the Amare hate on the general board? I was gone for awhile and now it seems like those guys would take a half-eaten ham sandwich over Amare.

·
Incognasho
4,061 Posts
Originally posted by <b>#1SUNFAN</b>!
What's with all the Amare hate on the general board? I was gone for awhile and now it seems like those guys would take a half-eaten ham sandwich over Amare.
I agree.. I found all the "definitely better than Amare" B.S. on the Chris Bosh thread to be immature, especially since a lot of it was from well respected posters.

Bosh is going to be a fine player, but the overhyping on that thread was almost laughable.

·
Registered
9,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Originally posted by <b>#1SUNFAN</b>!
Melo is also better than Amare. :laugh:
Amare gets by with athleticism. :laugh:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts