Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

121 - 140 of 174 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Interesting that Becker didn’t mention Gallaudet, but did say UVM “needs to add 1 more game to its non-conference schedule,” that’s in addition to Cincy and the regulars we know about.

https://www.mynbc5.com/article/uvm-basketball-to-visit-cincinnati-in-non-conference-play/28436050

Also of note—unfortunately—it sounds like the St John’s fixture will be on-campus and not at MSG.
There are 15 OOC games confirmed in the story (including Towson) plus 16 AE = 31 games, which is the max regular season games allowed. So curious how Gallaudet fits in; a previous blog had us playing them around Thanksgiving. Guess we just need to wait for the official announcement.

·
Premium Member
32,315 Posts
Cool there’s another legit home game: BU, GW, Lipscomb, Towson. That’s pretty good.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Come to think of it, I haven’t seen anything recently about Bucknell. I wonder if they canceled on us? It was originally a three year contract, with the last game due this fall at Bucknell. Maybe that could be the missing game we need to fill?

·
Premium Member
32,315 Posts
Come to think of it, I haven’t seen anything recently about Bucknell. I wonder if they canceled on us? It was originally a three year contract, with the last game due this fall at Bucknell. Maybe that could be the missing game we need to fill?
Link in that article says we're playing at Bucknell this year

·
Premium Member
32,315 Posts
Away:
Cincy
St. John's
Virginia

Play Central Connecticut and Columbia or Rider in that Mohegan Tournament

St. Bonaventure
Bucknell
Northeastern
Harvard
Yale
Dartmouth

Home:
Boston University
Lipscomb
George Washington
Towson

And UVM Campus Rec calendar is saying Gallaudet, which in my experience likely confirms we're playing Gallaudet. This is the complete schedule, no?

·
Realist/A-hole
5,147 Posts
What people may be forgetting is that the in season tournament counts differently in terms of the maximum number of games allowed to be played in a season. I don't remember exactly how it works by I have some hazy recollection of it counting differently in previous years scheduling discussions.

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
What people may be forgetting is that the in season tournament counts differently in terms of the maximum number of games allowed to be played in a season. I don't remember exactly how it works by I have some hazy recollection of it counting differently in previous years scheduling discussions.
The Mohegan Sun is an "exempt" tourney. Becker mentioned in the podcast that was recently posted, that exempt tourneys get you two additional non-conference games.

·
Registered
3,486 Posts
Maine women's non-conference is announced:

Home:

Stonehill (exh)
Boston U.
Navy (in Portland)
Husson
Harvard
Green Bay
Northeastern

Away:

Delaware
Brown
NC State
Dartmouth
Drexel

Neutral- Gulf Coast Showcase, Estero, FL:
Arizona State (1st game)
Drake or Purdue
Auburn, Middle Tennessee, Gonzaga, or Dayton

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Just fishing around as other teams release their schedules, looking for dates...

UVM travels to Yale on Sunday, 12/1.

Towson *is* travelling to UVM on Saturday, 12/7. 7PM tip-off.

Based on other reporting in other threads, and speculative return games, I still think we're over by a game. 31 is the cap in our circumstances, I believe.

·
Registered
13,641 Posts
So far for Albany...not sure of the order of BC and St. Johns

11/13/2019 Canisius Home OOC
11/19/2019 Potsdam Home OOC
11/22/2019 Quinnipiac Away OOC
11/23/2019 Sacred Heart Away OOC
11/24/2019 Presbyterian Away OOC
St. Johns Away OOC
BC Away OOC
12/4/2019 Yale Home OOC

·
Registered
3,486 Posts
Maine's schedule has been officially posted, don't think we've discussed it:

HOME:

Husson (exh.)
McGill (exh.)
Merrimack
Maine Maritime Academy (in Portland)
Dartmouth
Quinnipiac
Columbia

Away:

Harvard
Portland
Washington
Virginia
Connecticut
Northeastern
Central Connecticut
Massachusetts
Hawaii

There is a lot going on there. I like seeing McGill on the schedule (my dream AE addition). Good to see 3.5 real home games in Bangor (looking at you, Merrimack). Confused by playing Maine Maritime in Portland. There are some D-3's who, if you have to play them, you may as well play in Portland (Southern Maine, St. Joseph's, Bowdoin). MMA is a heck of a lot closer to Bangor than it is Portland. They are not good at the D-3 level (not that it matters), and none of their players have any ties to the Portland area. Odd choice of team. At least they are playing at the smaller Expo and not the Civic Center.

Interesting road slate- a random trip to the Pacific northwest (hope UW is paying the travel). The two game swing from UVA-UConn is right over Thanksgiving, but if you only have two American players who is going to complain? That Hawaii trip is a one off on 12/29- a Sunday. Has to be the longest possible road trip in D-I basketball.

·
Gr8t Dane
654 Posts
Has to be the longest possible road trip in D-I basketball.
That is a pretty amazing stat. Very cool.

There is a trip that could be close, but it is for D2 and not D1 - Having the Anchorage Seawolves travel to play a team in Miami Florida would be about the same mileage via bus, but about 1,000 miles less by air.

·
Registered
3,467 Posts

HOME:

Husson (exh.)
McGill (exh.)
Merrimack
Dartmouth
Quinnipiac
Columbia

Away:

Harvard
Portland
Washington
Virginia
Connecticut
Northeastern
Central Connecticut
Massachusetts
Hawaii

There is a lot going on there. I like seeing McGill on the schedule (my dream AE addition). Good to see 3.5 real home games in Bangor (looking at you, Merrimack). Confused by playing Maine Maritime in Portland. There are some D-3's who, if you have to play them, you may as well play in Portland (Southern Maine, St. Joseph's, Bowdoin). MMA is a heck of a lot closer to Bangor than it is Portland. They are not good at the D-3 level (not that it matters), and none of their players have any ties to the Portland area. Odd choice of team. At least they are playing at the smaller Expo and not the Civic Center.

Interesting road slate- a random trip to the Pacific northwest (hope UW is paying the travel). The two game swing from UVA-UConn is right over Thanksgiving, but if you only have two American players who is going to complain? That Hawaii trip is a one off on 12/29- a Sunday. Has to be the longest possible road trip in D-I basketball.
I'm all about this Maine/Hawaii "From Sea to Shining Sea" match-up. Please let it be a 3-game series, with a return game in Bangor in 2020 and a 2021 neutral site game in Nebraska.

·
Registered
8,740 Posts

HOME:

Husson (exh.)
McGill (exh.)
Merrimack
Dartmouth
Quinnipiac
Columbia

Away:

Harvard
Portland
Washington
Virginia
Connecticut
Northeastern
Central Connecticut
Massachusetts
Hawaii

The quantity of home games is decent......the quality, not so much. On a more positive note....maybe they get Harvard & Northeastern at home next season?

Barron sure doesn't mind the Western travel (Denver & Utah last season).

·
Registered
316 Posts

HOME:

Husson (exh.)
McGill (exh.)
Merrimack
Dartmouth
Quinnipiac
Columbia

Away:

Harvard
Portland
Washington
Virginia
Connecticut
Northeastern
Central Connecticut
Massachusetts
Hawaii

I like that road schedule. Second year in a row with some interesting off-the-run type of games.

·
Registered
389 Posts
That is a pretty amazing stat. Very cool.

There is a trip that could be close, but it is for D2 and not D1 - Having the Anchorage Seawolves travel to play a team in Miami Florida would be about the same mileage via bus, but about 1,000 miles less by air.
Both UAF and UAA are like a lot of D2/D3 schools around here (SLU, Merrimack, etc) in that they’re D2 in everything save for hockey.....so the Hawaii-Maine trips certainly stands unless you can’t those Pac-12 games played in China each year.

·
Registered
3,486 Posts
The quantity of home games is decent......the quality, not so much. On a more positive note....maybe they get Harvard & Northeastern at home next season?
I mean, all 3 of Dartmouth, Quinnipiac, and Columbia are more than 100 spots above Maine in the kenpom ratings. Beggars, choosers, all that. I wouldn't be shocked if NU and Harvard felt they were in a position where they don't have to offer Maine a home and home. CCSU is the only obvious return I see.

121 - 140 of 174 Posts