Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

141 - 160 of 174 Posts

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Apparently Vermont is not playing Harvard this year. (They just released their schedule, we are not on it.)
This likely answers my question about us being a game over on the schedule, as it had been reported that this game would be a part of it. I think that takes us back to 31 games.

Huge disappointment, as I think this game would've drawn some attention outside New England. Perhaps it's Amaker who suddenly went vegetarian, passing on another serving of Lamb.

·
Registered
721 Posts
This likely answers my question about us being a game over on the schedule, as it had been reported that this game would be a part of it. I think that takes us back to 31 games.

Huge disappointment, as I think this game would've drawn some attention outside New England. Perhaps it's Amaker who suddenly went vegetarian, passing on another serving of Lamb.
So it looks like Gallaudet instead of Harvard, great. Would be interesting to know why we’re not playing them this year. We’ve played them almost every year since 1983, with a few breaks. Maybe this year is just one of those breaks.

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Also interesting that the exhibitions are not listed on the schedule, though I'm sure those will be confirmed at a later date. Hope that rumored/reported Brown game comes to fruition.

·
Premium Member
32,315 Posts
No exhibitions listed either, so assuming that means we do not have any?

No away games at Harvard or Northeastern? Insert sad emoji. Wonder what happened there?

Lot's of changes to this schedule.

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Upside: if you want to see this team at home (and your home is "Vermont"), you have 13 chances to do so in regular-season action against D-1 competition. Bummer losing Harvard and Northeastern, but getting UNCG to start a home/home (presumably) up here is nice.

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
From what I know of their high level talent, UA looks like UVM's most likely challenger next season. It's interesting that the last regular season UVM game is UA. (A faint drum roll starts to sound.)

·
Registered
3,486 Posts
JAN 22 (WED)
AMERICA EAST
AT
MAINE
ORONO, ME

Interesting to see if the intern/software defaulted to Orono or if this one is in the Pit.

EDIT: Just looked, Maine posted their conference schedule, too. It is in Bangor.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Bummer losing Harvard and Northeastern. Those are quality opponents and sent the team to Boston once or twice each season. I'd guess this must be the home of the most Uvm grads outside of Burlington and also fertile D1 recruiting grounds (although Uvm hasn't had a lot of success recruiting here). Well, we can still see them at ULowell and maybe at Mohegan Sun. And we can hope they keep scheduling BU.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Binghamton:

Nov 5 (Tue) at Cornell
Nov 10 (Sun) at Michigan State
Nov 13 (Wed) at Columbia
Nov 16 (Sat) vs Sacred Heart
Nov 20 (Wed) at NJIT
Nov 23 (Sat) vs Army
Nov 26 (Tue) vs Oneonta
Dec 1 (Sun) at Loyola (Md)
Dec 4 (Wed) vs Colgate
Dec 7 (Sat) vs Boston University
Dec 18 (Wed) at Youngstown State
Dec 20 (Fri) at Pittsburgh
Dec 29 (Sun) vs Hartwick

A couple of high major road games, a two-week stretch where we pretend that we're in the Patriot League, and a pair of home D-III games. Overall, nothing particularly noteworthy.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Overall, I’m a fan of the Vermont schedule. Some interesting new names in there and some high majors we haven’t played before. Plus I like that 4 of last 6 conference games are at home.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Binghamton:

Nov 5 (Tue) at Cornell
Nov 10 (Sun) at Michigan State
Nov 13 (Wed) at Columbia
Nov 16 (Sat) vs Sacred Heart
Nov 20 (Wed) at NJIT
Nov 23 (Sat) vs Army
Nov 26 (Tue) vs Oneonta
Dec 1 (Sun) at Loyola (Md)
Dec 4 (Wed) vs Colgate
Dec 7 (Sat) vs Boston University
Dec 18 (Wed) at Youngstown State
Dec 20 (Fri) at Pittsburgh
Dec 29 (Sun) vs Hartwick

A couple of high major road games, a two-week stretch where we pretend that we're in the Patriot League, and a pair of home D-III games. Overall, nothing particularly noteworthy.
While I credit the staff for picking up games against Mich State and Pitt, I really wish we could eliminate the D3 games. They only stand to benefit the D3 teams and do nothing for us in my opinion.

·
Premium Member
32,315 Posts
Overall, I’m a fan of the Vermont schedule. Some interesting new names in there and some high majors we haven’t played before. Plus I like that 4 of last 6 conference games are at home.
Yeah, it's a cool schedule. Tough schedule, but would expect that given team we have back. Definitely some new/interesting teams.

141 - 160 of 174 Posts