Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

101 - 120 of 124 Posts

·
6,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
I wonder if UMBC will try to get into Maryland's MTE the same weekend, which includes Navy and Mount St. Mary's, despite the fact that we will go to the Mount on December 11.

·
Registered
495 Posts
UVM is playing Siena in Burlington for a one-off game which I as I understand it will complete their non conference schedule.

Edit: looks like is out there on the interwebs
3 games at the MTE and Siena is the non-conference schedule? Are they any others that I am missing? I thought we could play 24 games. This would make it 22 (18 conference plus 4).

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
3 games at the MTE and Siena is the non-conference schedule? Are they any others that I am missing? I thought we could play 24 games. This would make it 22 (18 conference plus 4).
That's it. I suppose there could always be a surprise add, but I doubt it. Things like testing, travel restrictions and budget setbacks all play a part.

Also, two easy games that would have been day trips and make a lot of sense in this time aren't going to happen because one, UMass will not put UVM on the schedule out of fear of losing, and two Dartmouth and the Ivy may not even play the season, Others close-ish like Colgate and BU aren't playing non-conference as none of the Patriot League is. Northeastern ducked out last year because of losses, and they have a lot more options where they are located that they can continue to do so. It was already hard enough getting teams to play UVM in a normal year, so in a pandemic where we are going to be lucky if ANY team in the league is able to reach 20 games played, this shouldn't come as a surprise.

·
Premium Member
33,191 Posts
The literal only reason sub-D1 games exist is to sell another home game to season ticket holders/fans. Since there’s no sales of any tickets this year, the single purpose to schedule the game no longer exists.

Reactions: BingGrad

·
Registered
254 Posts

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
Hartford’s game against UConn in jeopardy.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Hartford’s game against UConn in jeopardy.

I think the whole midmajor college basketball season is in jeopardy. I am 45% confident on the regular season. Mohegan Sun and any non-conference play? 10% at best.

·
Registered
5,304 Posts
Non-conference games pulled (i.e. copied and pasted from the master schedule from the article listed below to make it easy for all my conference pals to easily see the conference member games) from the Mohegan Sun "Bubbleville" schedule:

Wednesday, Nov. 25
2:00 pm - No. 5 Virginia vs. Maine (FloSports)
4:30 pm - Florida vs. UMass Lowell (FloSports)

Friday, Nov. 27
7:00 pm - Central Connecticut vs. Maine (FloSports)

Saturday, Nov. 28
10:00 am - Hall of Fame Women's Challenge: No.6 Mississippi State vs. Maine (FloSports)

Sunday, Nov. 29
9:30 am - HOF Women's Challenge: Matchups TBD (Maine, Quinnipiac, Mississippi State, UConn) (FloSports)

OR
3:00 pm - HOF Women's Challenge: Matchups TBD (Maine, Quinnipiac, Mississippi State, UConn) (ESPN)

Monday, Nov. 30
11:30 am - Vermont vs. Buffalo (FloSports)

Tuesday, Dec. 1
11:30 am - St. Bonaventure vs. Vermont (FloSports)

Wednesday, Dec. 2
5:30 pm - Hall of Fame Tip Off: Vermont vs. Iona (FloSports)

Thursday, Dec. 3
1:30 pm - Hall of Fame Tip Off: Albany vs. Drexel (FloSports)

Friday, Dec. 4
4:00 pm - Hall of Fame Tip Off: Albany vs. Quinnipiac (FloSports)

*****Edit - As of today, November 13th at 1:00 pm, these games are all still listed on the schedule and ready to begin in just 12 days.

·
6,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #116
UMBC’s game against Georgetown will still move forward, to be played the night before Thanksgiving. I guess that’s why we pulled out of the MTE.

·
Registered
5,304 Posts
I wonder if "games pulled" could be reworded.
Oh I'm sure it can be. Is it offensive somehow? I mean, I never know in today's world what is and what isn't most of the time.

Reactions: VCat_2015

·
Registered
92 Posts
I think it is more about "games pulled" making it sound like the games have been removed from the schedule

·
Registered
5,304 Posts
I think it is more about "games pulled" making it sound like the games have been removed from the schedule
Smh. Seriously, I would think it is pretty clear that all those games list OOC contests for America East members. It was "pulled" from the article that I also posted on the will there be a season thread below. If they weren't going to happen, I would phrase "games canceled".

But, for his benefit, I will go change the wording. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

·
Registered
318 Posts
No need to be so sensitive. I should have included the obligatory smiley face. I'm anxious to get my FloSports subscription but is does feel like the closer we get, the greater the threat for a change in schedule becomes. : )

101 - 120 of 124 Posts