Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maine will open the season at Virginia Tech on Nov 9, 21 for 85 k.

The D1 Docket

@TheD1Docket

Virginia Tech is set to open the season at home against Maine in a non-conference game on November 9th, per public records obtained by
@TheD1Docket
. The game has been guaranteed with a fee of $85,000.

·
Super Moderator
6,426 Posts
Maine will open the season at Virginia Tech on Nov 9, 21 for 85 k.

The D1 Docket
@TheD1Docket

Virginia Tech is set to open the season at home against Maine in a non-conference game on November 9th, per public records obtained by
@TheD1Docket
. The game has been guaranteed with a fee of $85,000.
$85k? I know the economy is down for schools, but that’s a staggeringly low number compared to previous years.

·
Registered
243 Posts
$85k? I know the economy is down for schools, but that’s a staggeringly low number compared to previous years.
Power conferences adapting the double-round robin schedules have lowered the supply of buy games. I'm sure in the post-covid budget crunches that low majors are looking for more buy games than in the past.

·
Registered
5,599 Posts
I'm going with UConn. Long time removed from a national title, but still a national championship program. My second guess would be Villanova.

All schools are seriously facing a MAJOR pinch in their pockets. Budgets for buying games are way down plus with no guarantees right now as to what attendance can or will be, most aren't willing to pay previous amounts as they may very well not be able to recoup the money spent to bring teams in. Virginia is definitely one of those states that will be on the conservative side of indoor sporting event attendance.

·
Realist/A-hole
6,130 Posts
Who won the DIII championship?

Reactions: GoCatsGo

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
During tonight's zoom session Coach Herrion talked up about the upcoming games for this season...

Away:
$ @ Marquette Nov 12
$ @ Providence Nov 30
$ @ TBD: mentioned Umass
$ @ TBD: mentioned Boston College
@Holy Cross
@ Bryant
@ Dartmouth

Home:
Quinnipiac
CCSU

Looking to add two more non money games most likely at home.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Per the D1Docket:

The Maine Black Bears will also be filling the schedule with guarantee games, collecting $315,000 for four games currently secured. The games against Virginia Tech and Colorado were originally scheduled for last season but the teams were able to agree to terms for rescheduling the games.

Maine Non-Conference Game Contract Details

Nov. 9 - @ Virginia Tech ($85k)

Nov 12th - Maine-Farmington (N/A)

Nov 15th - @ Colorado ($85k)

Nov 19th - Maine-Fort Kent (N/A)

Nov 27th - @ Bradley ($75k)

Dec 29th - @ Rutgers ($70k)

* Although not included in the D1 Docket report, I think CCSU owes a return game to Orono.

·
Registered
5,599 Posts
Per the D1Docket:

The Maine Black Bears will also be filling the schedule with guarantee games, collecting $315,000 for four games currently secured. The games against Virginia Tech and Colorado were originally scheduled for last season but the teams were able to agree to terms for rescheduling the games.

Maine Non-Conference Game Contract Details

Nov. 9 - @ Virginia Tech ($85k)

Nov 12th - Maine-Farmington (N/A)

Nov 15th - @ Colorado ($85k)

Nov 19th - Maine-Fort Kent (N/A)

Nov 27th - @ Bradley ($75k)

Dec 29th - @ Rutgers ($70k)

* Although not included in the D1 Docket report, I think CCSU owes a return game to Orono.
Yeah, I just saw that as well. Crazy that Bradley is paying guarantee money in the neighborhood or more than Power 5 teams. They surely don't have the amount of money that those other programs have to be throwing that much around so that really surprised me. I think CCSU owes them a home game and I believe there was another school or 2 but can't pull them out of my head at the moment. They definitely need something to offset those D-III games. I get it though...with the financial situation being what it is.

Anyway, a decent amount of money for the school coming from those games.

Reactions: Aceinthehole
1 - 20 of 20 Posts