Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Providence and Maryland: Two schools that have also offered Taylor Bowen. To be fair, the list of major offers is now QUITE long.

·
Super Moderator
6,454 Posts
Providence is certainly loading up its schedule with games against the New England state flagship schools in the coming season. 5 games thus far - UVM, UNH, URI, and two versus UConn.
I wonder if it’s because there’s a lower payout if there’s less travel.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I wonder if it’s because there’s a lower payout if there’s less travel.
Remember the 2 with Providence are Big East games. UCONN traditionally plays 2-3 games against the N.E.
Division 1 schools. Been years since they played Vermont. Plus some years 1-2 against the Ct. D! schools.

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
Remember the 2 with Providence are Big East games. UCONN traditionally plays 2-3 games against the N.E.
Division 1 schools. Been years since they played Vermont. Plus some years 1-2 against the Ct. D! schools.
UConn however almost never plays its far and away most played opponent of all time (by some 30 games with UNH being 2nd), the nearby New England based University of RI which is located just 55 miles from Storrs. The two programs may have played 143 games but have had just two meetings in the last 30 years.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I am the D.A. for Little League in Ct. Dist 4. One of the All-Star coaches this year is a recruiter and assistant coach at Yale.
I asked him about UVM and Yale, he confirmed that UVM is at Yale this year, and Yale is at UVM next year.
So if they continue with the annual with Dartmouth, that would make 3 against the IVY this year.
The coach didn't know the date. Yale list a partial schedule through November. My guess would be they would play the
first weekend of December, which seems to be when they played the last couple trips to Yale.
Yale is loaded according to the coach, returning all but one player from 2 years ago.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
CCSU and UMass-Lowell will join Oklahoma St. and North Carolina St. in the Hall of Fame Showcase at Mohegan Sun in Nov. 16-17.

Don't know the exact format or matchups, but assume that Central and Lowell will each play one of the "headliners" in day 1 and then meet each other on the second day.

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
I am the D.A. for Little League in Ct. Dist 4. One of the All-Star coaches this year is a recruiter and assistant coach at Yale.
I asked him about UVM and Yale, he confirmed that UVM is at Yale this year, and Yale is at UVM next year.
That’s awesome you’re a D.A. First-time head coach here for my son’s 10U all-star team. What an administrative process Williamsport is, but will be much better next few years having gone through paperwork process once.

One of our town’s 12U teams (pop requires 2 teams ) could make it out of the state and possibly NE; they are pretty nasty. They have a left handed pitcher that is hitting 70mph at 12yrs old.

Best of luck in the tournament to all the teams in your district!

·
Registered
4,155 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
That’s awesome you’re a D.A. First-time head coach here for my son’s 10U all-star team. What an administrative process Williamsport is, but will be much better next few years having gone through paperwork process once.

One of our town’s 12U teams (pop requires 2 teams ) could make it out of the state and possibly NE; they are pretty nasty. They have a left handed pitcher that is hitting 70mph at 12yrs old.

Best of luck in the tournament to all the teams in your district!
Same to all the teams up your way.

·
Super Moderator
6,454 Posts
UMBC will be taking part in a Longwood-hosted multi-team event; the format is unclear, whether or not it is a four-team event or an eight team event isn’t mentioned, but other participants include Western Carolina and American, who will be UMBC’s scheduled opponent. The dates for this event are November 19-23.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts