Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

21 - 40 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
It looks like he set it up as a live draft, but if you can't be on-line at that time, you can prerank your players and it will auto draft a team based on how you rank the players and the relative value of positions.

If you aren't in, or want to be in, send a PM to @Zak1785 ;with your e-mail address and he add you to the league and you will get sent an invite to register. It is free. We will just have to determine if we want to set up a side bet as a forum for anyone that wants to add a little fun!
Yep it's set up as a live draft. The draft time (possibly date) is going to change once everyone is in and we can figure out when most people/everyone can do it. Doubt it's going to stay at 1pm on a Saturday because absolutely no one wants to be stuck doing a fantasy draft the middle of the day on a Saturday.

Open to changing any roster rules/scoring rules also. Just speak up if you want something changed and we can all figure it out together.**

**If it turns into insanity like some topics on here I'm just going to Dictator it

·
Gr8t Dane
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Currently only 4.5 teams have joined so far, but we had at least 8 that wanted in when it was discussed at the end of last season. (The 0.5 is because it looks like a team tried to sign up, but did not complete its registration).

Since the universe of players is small (America East only) I am thinking that the league will be fine and fun as long as there are at least 6 participants, but 8 would be ideal.

·
Premium Member
32,369 Posts
Not playing, but curious to see which round the first non-UVM player gets taken.

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Not playing, but curious to see which round the first non-UVM player gets taken.
If I'm being honest...we probably need to take the number of players on the UVM roster (walk-ons included) and divide by the number of teams in the league...then iterate through draft rounds until all UVM players are drafted (including walk-ons) before someone will be forced to draft a kid like Sessoms, Healy or Lutete.

I mean what are the options once there is no one else to draft from UVM's roster? I guess you could close up the draft and let it play out 2 on 3 or what-not.

JMHO

·
Gr8t Dane
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #27 (Edited)
Lamb is obviously the first pick in the draft, but seriously, who is the second UVM player picked, and where does that happen?

I get the humor of the walk ons at UVM being all-conference caliber, fringe NBA draft picks, but this is a serious question.

Looking at the default draft order the system uses (removing players that are no longer in the league, but still loaded in the system) using last year's stats the draft order is:

Anthony Lamb
Ahmad Clark
Christian Lutete
Andrew Flemming
KJ Jackson
Sam Seasons
Cameron Healy
Obadiah Noel
Elijah Olyaniyi
Stef Smith
Arkel Lamar
Miles Lattimer
Romani Hansen
Adam Lulka
Brandon Hovarth
Andrew Garcia
Nick Guadarrama
Vilgot Larsson
Traci Carter
Everett Duncan
Robin Duncan

So Seth Smith is the second Vermont player drafted at 10, then the third and 4th aren't until picks 20 and 21.

The default picks still need to be edited by the league manager to remove the graduated players so if someone has to auto draft they don't get screwed with them, and it's using last year's stats so players like Giddens, Carter, and Ellison are likely underrated because of their time in bigger leagues. Players like deSousa at UA saw limited time last season and are expected to do a lot this year.

This will definitely be fun if the people that join the league really put themselves into it and do their own projections.

It surprised me seeing Clark as #2 based on last year's stats. UA fans got on him for his desicion making, but when you account for the assists and steals he definitely deserved more than third team.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Lamb is obviously the first pick in the draft, but seriously, who is the second UVM player picked, and where does that happen?

I get the humor of the walk ons at UVM being all-conference caliber, fringe NBA draft picks, but this is a serious question.

Looking at the default draft order the system uses (removing players that are no longer in the league, but still loaded in the system) using last year's stats the draft order is:

Anthony Lamb
Ahmad Clark
Christian Lutete
Andrew Flemming
KJ Jackson
Sam Seasons
Cameron Healy
Obadiah Noel
Elijah Olyaniyi
Stef Smith
Arkel Lamar
Miles Lattimer
Romani Hansen
Adam Lulka
Brandon Hovarth
Andrew Garcia
Nick Guadarrama
Vilgot Larsson
Traci Carter
Everett Duncan
Robin Duncan

So Seth Smith is the second Vermont player drafted at 10, then the third and 4th aren't until picks 20 and 21.

The default picks still need to be edited by the league manager to remove the graduated players so if someone has to auto draft they don't get screwed with them, and it's using last year's stats so players like Giddens, Carter, and Ellison are likely underrated because of their time in bigger leagues. Players like deSousa at UA saw limited time last season and are expected to do a lot this year.

This will definitely be fun if the people that join the league really put themselves into it and do their own projections.

It surprised me seeing Clark as #2 based on last year's stats. UA fans got on him for his desicion making, but when you account for the assists and steals he definitely deserved more than third team.
I'm currently not seeing an option to delete the individual players from the player pool. Best I can do is create a list of every player I can find that shouldn't be in the league and send it out sooner than later if they don't fix the issue themselves. List can be used to exclude those players from your personal player rankings before the draft.

·
Gr8t Dane
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I'm currently not seeing an option to delete the individual players from the player pool. Best I can do is create a list of every player I can find that shouldn't be in the league and send it out sooner than later if they don't fix the issue themselves. List can be used to exclude those players from your personal player rankings before the draft.
I wonder if the site will do it. I've already worked with my personal list, I've just been in fantasy leagues where someone is late or misses the draft and ends up autodrafting a player that's out for the year in round 2 and they end up not being active because of it.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I will be out of the country for the draft so I am creating a list to auto pick from to avoid drafting a player who is no longer in the league

·
Registered
277 Posts
I will be out of the country for the draft so I am creating a list to auto pick from to avoid drafting a player who is no longer in the league
That's done in the "draft room" correct? After it runs through my list, will it start auto-drafting if I didn't list enough players?

·
Registered
306 Posts
Yes done in the draft room. I assume that of enough players are not added it would take from the roster list which if not updated could result in drafting a player no longer around but not 100% certain on that.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Just curious...How is the draft order determined? I moved from the 3rd pick first round to the 7th first round as more teams have been added. Can we make trades ie.. will give up my second round pick to move up draft order?

·
Registered
277 Posts
Just curious...How is the draft order determined? I moved from the 3rd pick first round to the 7th first round as more teams have been added. Can we make trades ie.. will give up my second round pick to move up draft order?
It seems that every time a new team joins, the draft order is randomized to make it fair for the new team joining.

I don't know about trades but would also be really interested in making that possible.

·
Registered
601 Posts
A note in the system says the rosters should be finalized by mid to late October so hopefully that takes care of any players listed who are gone and any new players who aren't listed yet.

The draft is set to random so it's changing every time a new team joins. I'm going to change it to manual then back to random the week before the draft so we have our final randomized draft positions.

If a majority agrees on a different way to set the draft order I'm up for any suggestions.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Right now we have 10 out of 10 spots full. If you've joined and haven't changed your team name yet please do it just so I know you're definitely in.

Question to everyone already in: Do you mind expanding the league to more teams? People are asking to join and as I said above we're already full.

Right now we have 10 teams with 8 man rosters and 5 starters. I can drop it to 4 starters and 6 or 7 players a team if we add 2 more teams.

Current system with 10 teams 8 players per you're looking at 80 players total and 50 starters.

Dropped to 4 starters with 12 teams you're looking at 48 starters and either 72 players (6 per roster) or 84 players (7 per roster).

I know it's tough to have so many players since the pool is only from one league so let me know your thoughts.

*54% chance all of the above math is wrong

21 - 40 of 69 Posts