Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

41 - 60 of 62 Posts

·
Premium Member
32,315 Posts
Two working eyes > analytics

As far as America East basketball is concerned.

·
Gr8t Dane
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
9 America East Teams. Figure 7 players per team on average get at least 20 minutes per game. That is 63 players in the league that have some value to a fantasy team.

10 teams equals only 6-7 players that get significant PT per team.

A casual fan will have trouble competing, and an analytics geek will have a huge advantage because they might know who the 7th man on New Hampshire is.

Gotta limit it at 10, or reduce the number of starters per team to 3 or 4

·
The People's Champ
592 Posts
do we have enough for 2 leagues with ten teams each..... I'll join two leagues for fun, why not... I have 4 fantasy football teams so why not 2 AE teams.. hah

·
Gr8t Dane
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Does Sessoms or Flemming go #2 after Lamb? Great player on a team that doesn't have many other players to split stats with has to get a value boost.

UVM may have 8 players on the first team, with 4 players on the second team. Their stats will get split up, making each player past Lamb worth less than they would be worth on another team right?

·
Registered
598 Posts
do we have enough for 2 leagues with ten teams each..... I'll join two leagues for fun, why not... I have 4 fantasy football teams so why not 2 AE teams.. hah
Two leagues could be tough. Right now I think we have 13 or 14 looking to play. If someone wants to set up another league I say go for it. Just personally don't want to have to track two separate teams while trying to enjoy some AE ball.

I think even if we stay at 10 I'd like to drop it to 4 starters with 7 players on the roster unless everyone is really set on the current 5 starters 8 roster format.

If we go to 13 it'd probably end up with 3 starters with 5 players per roster.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Two leagues could be tough. Right now I think we have 13 or 14 looking to play. If someone wants to set up another league I say go for it. Just personally don't want to have to track two separate teams while trying to enjoy some AE ball.

I think even if we stay at 10 I'd like to drop it to 4 starters with 7 players on the roster unless everyone is really set on the current 5 starters 8 roster format.

If we go to 13 it'd probably end up with 3 starters with 5 players per roster.
I like the 7 person per team idea

·
Gr8t Dane
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
10 Team Max, 4 starters, 7 man roster is my vote. There are 45 starters in the league, so as long as no one screws up the draft, each player should have the opportunity to have 4 players on their team that start for their respective schools.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Better or worse for everyone if I move the draft date/time to 8pm ET Monday 11/4 instead of the current 11/2 (Saturday) 1 pm ET time slot?

·
Gr8t Dane
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Better or worse for everyone if I move the draft date/time to 8pm ET Monday 11/4 instead of the current 11/2 (Saturday) 1 pm ET time slot?
That would suck for me. I coach my son's basketball team and practice ends at 8pm. If you made it Monday at 9pm Eastern instead of 8 it would be MUCH better.

I hate autodrafting, and I think you would get the most turnout if you kept it on the weekend. How about Sunday night?

·
Registered
598 Posts
That would suck for me. I coach my son's basketball team and practice ends at 8pm. If you made it Monday at 9pm Eastern instead of 8 it would be MUCH better.

I hate autodrafting, and I think you would get the most turnout if you kept it on the weekend. How about Sunday night?
I'm fine with keeping it Saturday or making it Sunday rather than Monday so it stays on the weekend. Whatever works best for everyone.

·
Gr8t Dane
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
My vote

Sat 8pm EST
Sunday anytime after noon
Sat 1pm EST

UA home football game at 3:30 so later or earlier on Sat is better.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Changing the draft time to Sunday night at 6pm as that seems to work for everyone who responded. Then we can enjoy watching the Pats take care of the Ravens.

·
Gr8t Dane
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
I can't believe I missed the draft. Got caught up in a family event then I get the email that is done. FML

·
The People's Champ
592 Posts
@Zak, can you please confirm the settings real quick? I need to make a few roster moves, but just want to understand the limit, I think I have 7 rostered players, this correct?

nvm, figured it out.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I am a bit new to the fantasy world so not sure how to go about this.... one of my " starters" Ellison is out for a while. Does that mean I move a reserve into his spot?

41 - 60 of 62 Posts