Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
3,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
7:00
MAINE(0-1) @ HOLY CROSS (2-1)
The Crusaders won at Old Dominion, beat Morgan State and lost to Texas-San Antonio at a Neutral site

BINGHAMTON(0-2) @ NAVY (1-1)
The Midshipmen beat a sub D-I and lost at home in overtime to Siena

9:00
UMBC (1-1) @ LOYOLA MD (1-1)
The Greyhounds beat Binghamton and lost at Washington

·
Registered
3,738 Posts
Tough night for the AEast, hopefully I'm wrong. 0-3

Maine 62 Holy Cross 75

Bing 58 Navy 72

UMBC 55 Loyola 65

·
Premium Member
33,191 Posts
Hopefully Maine turns it around and can beat HC- but HC beating Old Dominion on road is a nice W.

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
Three Patriot League teams!

I think Maine and Bing have decent chances at a win

·
Registered
3,738 Posts
Just saw that Bing is favored tonight, yes BING is favored....

·
Registered
178 Posts

·
UMBC fan
3,912 Posts
Go UMBC tonight, should be a good contest.

...oh, and no Will Wise until Game 7 due to violation of team rules.

Not a major factor obviously, but just clearing things up as to why he did not appear on the UMBC bench.

·
Registered
3,738 Posts
Bing up 12-7 on Navy early. (Navy lost to Siena in OT the other night)

Maine up 13-8 over Holy Cross with 9 minutes left in the first.

Lets go!

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Jordan Reed is going to be a speical player for Bing in the years to come if he stays. Hes getting to the charity strip every time he drives down the lane and this is his first college game.

Bing down by 9 10 min to go

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
the last 4 or 5 times bing had procession Reed has been fouled. They cant stop him bing was down by 14 now only by 5

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Maine loses to Holy Cross 57-54. Xavier Pollard rims out a 3 at the buzzer. A grind it out game in which Maine was down 10 early in the second half and closed the gap late, trailing by 1 with 3.5 seconds left. Dudzinski knocked down 2 huge foul shots to push the lead to 3. Maine overcame a dreadful performance by Justin Edwards (1-16) and a meager 2 points and a DQ by Mike Allison. Fraser bounced back for 21 points and Pollard added 14. Maine is going to need more consistent play from the entire starting lineup if they want to win. Freshman point guard Shaun Lawton is out for a reported 4 weeks with a high ankle sprain. Maine did retain the services of JC transfer Leon Cooper, who did a solid job in relief of Pollard tonight.

·
UMBC fan
3,912 Posts
UMBC getting destroyeddddd on the glass. Loyola (Md.) must have 10 offensive rebounds.

32-21 LMD with 5 mins to go.

Garner limped off. Has returned.

..now 35-24. Morgan is messy right now, and Roseboro is 0-5 on the same left hook move.

LMD not missing their threes...5-8. 20-9 rebound edge for LMD.

·
UMBC fan
3,912 Posts
45-30 at the half.

Without Roseboro in, the defense has been disgusting. Roseboro has been poor on offense, though.

Plummer is playing "me ball" right now...needs to realize he has some scorers around him.

Game is not over yet, but we need to get some stops.

·
6,082 Posts
Problem with Plummer is that his whole career, he's been the one carrying the team on his shoulders. It's just something he's used to so far.

Watching these UMBC commercials on MASN, I'm wondering if the school can't afford a damn video camera. SMDH.

·
UMBC fan
3,912 Posts
Problem with Plummer is that his whole career, he's been the one carrying the team on his shoulders. It's just something he's used to so far.

Watching these UMBC commercials on MASN, I'm wondering if the school can't afford a damn video camera. SMDH.
I know, but he just isn't thinking at times. At the end of the half, shot clock is off, Plummer takes a hurried jumper with 24 ticks to go...can't be doing that stuff.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts