Brown won at Binghamton and lost at CCSU

...when was the last time UNH was 3-0?

·
Registered
2,166 Posts

·
Realist/A-hole
5,782 Posts
The BU/GWU game is on NESN for those who are interested.

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
The key to beating UNH this year is to play zone and force them to make outside shots. Bryant's doing that and they lead at the half, 43-34. Pretty sloppy game. Bryant started on a 9-0 run. UNH has a pretty nice size advantage but is having trouble exploiting it. I imagine this season will be much of the same - they'll play great some nights, look awful other nights, finish around 4th-6th in the conference. They need better guards, that's for sure.

·
Realist/A-hole
5,782 Posts
Seriously UNH? You gave up 43 pts at the half to Bryant?

·
Registered
3,738 Posts
BU down 14 at the half?? Ugh.....c'mon AEast step your ish up!!

·
Realist/A-hole
5,782 Posts
BU down 14 at the half?? Ugh.....c'mon AEast step your ish up!!
GW's front court advantage is just too much to overcome. GW's shooting pretty well from outside as well. That's the kiss of death for BU.

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
UNH is shooting 28% and oh by the way, they're 5-for-23 from three. Bryant is cruising 64-49.

Props to them for making me think there would be an actual improvement this year.

Chandler Rhoads is 1-11. Scott Morris is 1-6. Jordan Bronner, 3-6, is the only guard who deserves to be out there and that's not saying much.

·
Premium Member
33,191 Posts
GW @ BU on NESN right now

*BU has good talent but they're just too small. If they had bigs that weren't vertically challenged (Morris) or didn't weigh 150lbs (Thomas) they would be quite dangerous.

*Not sure why they haven't played Papale more. Can't play D but they could really use his outside shooting.

*Coach Lonergan is going to need to get more talent than this to compete in A10. That being said, really like what I've seen from the two frosh McDonald and Garino.

*A10 is beyond the talent level of Kopriva. Don't see him being much more than a role player big at GW- maybe productive by Sr. year (?). Would have fit in much better with us in AE.

·
Premium Member
33,191 Posts
GW not looking sharp handling the press....somehow, not very surprised. I've seen this somewhere before :)

·
Premium Member
33,191 Posts
2 big FT misses by Irving...that hurts.

·
Registered
4,142 Posts
Kind of fun to see Lonergan being.. expressive.. on the sideline. I've gotten used to Becker's calmer demeanor.

BU has cut the GW lead to 8, 60-52.

·
Premium Member
33,191 Posts
Good fight from BU, but look like Terriers are going to come up a bit short...pun intended. I wouldn't even call Armwood a particularly good defender but the Terriers made him look like Manute Bol today- 7 Blocks.

·
Banned
6,174 Posts
Chandler Roads is not a player I would ever want on my team and I dont see why Herrion cant get through to him or bench him. HE SHOULD NEVER TAKE 11 shots.

·
Premium Member
33,191 Posts
Chandler Roads is not a player I would ever want on my team and I dont see why Herrion cant get through to him or bench him. HE SHOULD NEVER TAKE 11 shots.
Chandler Rhoads is a tough, tough kid and terrific defender and has good athleticism- I'd certainly want him in a reserve/back-up role on my team.

That said, as a coach I'd NEVER let him take double-digit shots or play him enough minutes where it would be even possible.

·
Premium Member
33,191 Posts
Props to them for making me think there would be an actual improvement this year.
Herrion hasn't had a winning record in his past 13 seasons as a D1 coach.

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Herrion hasn't had a winning record in his past 13 seasons as a D1 coach.
They have a pretty easy schedule too. Suffolk-Dartmouth-Bryant-NJIT-Holy Cross-UConn-Brown-CCSU, among others.

There was no reason they couldn't get 7 out of conference wins, except it defies logic.

You need good guards to win in college basketball and UNH certainly doesn't have any.

·
Premium Member
33,191 Posts
You need good guards to win in college basketball and UNH certainly doesn't have any.
Yep. And IMO, UNH has two very good forwards in Myrick/Konan....plus Pelcher looks like a nice addition inside.

When Myrick/Konan combine to take as many shots as Chandler Rhoads....I just don't even know. That truly defies logic.

Beating Dartmouth and Suffolk doen't really tell anyone much..but no way should UNH be getting blasted by Bryant. I thought this would have been a sure W but....UNH's offense.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts