Sacred Heart (1-2) @ STONY BROOK (3-0)
SHU W: N-Yale L: @ Rutgers, @ HART

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
2:00

St. Peter's (3-0) v. BINGHAMTON (0-4)
SPC W: @ Rutgers, v. CCSU, @ Cornell
Is St. Peters actually good or something?

·
Registered
691 Posts
I'll be happy with a win vs. Sacred Heart. They give us fits!

·
Premium Member
33,198 Posts
Love to see Albany beat Loyola (MD), but that will be a tough game. SBU should beat Sacred Heart, who they play twice in the OOC- and would love to see Binghamton get on the board but it probably doesn't happen today.

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
i dont care what anyone says SBU will not win a game with eric mcalister playing 30 minutes. they wont. I dont care how many points or rebounds he gets. they wont win.

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
Stony Brook collapses against SHU. WOW. Terrible ending. Leading by 11 and then we lose by 2. Stony Brook does it once again.... BUT... BUT... On the Bright side: we were selected by the NCAA Division I football committee to play in the playoffs

Stony Brook (Big South At-large) vs Villanova (CAA autobid) - Kenneth P. LaValle Stadium
November 24th

HUGE GAME! GO SEAWOLVES

·
Registered
3,738 Posts
Congrats Bing! UA had a tough L, looked like a travel on the buzzer beater to me.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Freshman Jordan Reed led the way for the Bearcats with a monster double-double -- 17 points and 18 rebounds (12 on the defensive end).

Nice to get that first W. I think we're gonna see a few more of them this season!

·
Registered
830 Posts
Wow...that...was...bad.

Three points, then I need to take a cold shower because as a fan I feel violated today....

1. Sacred Heart is terrible. Terrible throughout the game. They have one good player (#12), and that's it. They played terrible, they defended terrible, they can't shoot, and they throw hissy fits every time they foul someone.

2. Thus, to lose to them - SBU is worse. We played arguably one of the worst games I've ever seen them play. And this is a team I watched lose to 1-win St. Peter's a few years ago. They have two modalities: Run short plays to attempt to take the open 3, or pass the ball around and take a desperation shot with 3 seconds left on the shot clock. Funny thing is, with how terrible Sacred Heart is...it was working for all but the last 3 minutes of the game.

3. This whole "pass the ball around for 30 seconds to drain the shot clock then take a terrible shot on a bootleg play" gig that SBU does when leading with 5 mins left...it has to stop. We are now 0-5 against terrible teams when doing it. We lost to Sacred Heart doing it two years ago. We lost to Lehigh doing it. We lost to Wagner despite being up 15+ at one point doing it. And we lost to Holy Cross doing it.

God willing - this team will learn from this, and start playing like their talent should let them play. Just no heart in that loss.

Canisus up next. Big next week for SBU.

·
Registered
14,160 Posts
This loss hurts... Crap... Right there

Sent from my SPH-L710 using VerticalSports.Com App

1 - 20 of 61 Posts