Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Jump Hook Assassin
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do they not exist? If not, why not?

I was curious because I saw Northeastern's vs. Brown, and wondered if that's their first spread ever. Additionally, there's no spread on the UMass game vs. Hartford.

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Lari Ketner said:
Do they not exist? If not, why not?

I was curious because I saw Northeastern's vs. Brown, and wondered if that's their first spread ever. Additionally, there's no spread on the UMass game vs. Hartford.
There are no "Vegas" spreads for AE games. The MAAC started getting official spreads a few years ago. Yes this is probably NU's 1st official spread game.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Just to clarify, I assume we mean this is the first time that NU will get a "line" for all their games (regradless of opponent) for the entire season.

I mean don't AE (NEC, PL, etc.) teams get "lines" when they play BE or ACC teams? Don't they get lines in the NCAA tourney?

So, every team could get a "line" for a few games (vs. Majors), right?

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Aceinthehole said:
Just to clarify, I assume we mean this is the first time that NU will get a "line" for all their games (regradless of opponent) for the entire season.

I mean don't AE (NEC, PL, etc.) teams get "lines" when they play BE or ACC teams? Don't they get lines in the NCAA tourney?

So, every team could get a "line" for a few games (vs. Majors), right?

When I am in vegas for NCAA games when a AE team plays a Big East team it states "NO LINE".

·
Jump Hook Assassin
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
mainejeff said:
I've never understood this. Do AE fans not gamble? :curse:
I'm with you. No idea why lines don't exist. The Ivy League gets 'em. Boise State/Montana has a line tonight. Arkansas-Little Rock/Appalachian State has a line tonight ... why not the AE?

Somebody must know.

·
Jump Hook Assassin
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
For the record, I just called the America East office to ask why, and the woman who answered (everybody else was out of the office) had no idea. She said "because our games aren't worth betting on", but I think she was joking. And I think she thought I was pranking her or something. It really was just an honest question.

I will say that it's hard to believe she's the "assistant commissioner" of anything.

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
"because our games aren't worth betting on"

nice quote

makes me proud of our leadership

·
Jump Hook Assassin
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I thought the same thing. It's actually quite sickening, even if it's a joke. That's your assistant commissioner talking. No excuse for her.

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
I don't think the league office has anything to do with the betting lines - it's all supply and demand.

NU has had lines on its games before. Back in the NAC days, a game here and there would be on the board in vegas.

·
Jump Hook Assassin
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
After bouncing around the NBA, CBA and Europe, I've been dominating intergalactic leagues for years now. No pub. I think I've been blackballed.

Hey, lest we forget that Chicago selected me nine picks ahead of Manu Ginobili. I was once nine picks better than Manu Ginobili.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Shouldn't the America East office just refuse to answer ANY question related to gambling on league games, or denounce gambling?

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
For games vs. the big schools, we do have spreads (BU was +34 against Duke). But as far as I know, I've never seen an AE vs AE line, not even for the championships (as far as I know).

·
Registered
8,854 Posts
animal said:
Shouldn't the America East office just refuse to answer ANY question related to gambling on league games, or denounce gambling?
Exactly.

And as far as supply and demand goes......they should try supplying us with lines someday, and then maybe they'll figure out that there is demand.....stupid ****s.

·
Registered
341 Posts
BU indeed covered the spread against Duke, and I am pretty sure NU had a few lines last season. UConn was one, and I think the NU-UVM AE final may have had one as well. In fact I think UVM had a bunch last year (NC, Kansas, Nevada, of course the 2 NCAA games)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts