Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let it be known that I predicted a western conference finals of Minnesota vs Sacramento. I got ridiculed for it. But yes, not only arent the lakers arent going to win, but they wont make it the western conference finals. we have a ways to go before I am either right or wrong, but right now Minny and Sacramento are the 2 best teams in basketball

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i said this was Sacramentos year. But Minny is just real tough. And to think Sacramento hasnt had CWebb and Minny hasnt had Hudson, Wally or Kando. Its nuts. We complain about injuries but we arent even close to this. But these teams exemplify our slogan, No Excuses. If it happens, it will be a great series

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Yeah, a healthy Sac-Town squad should win it all this year. Having Vlade, Bobby J, Cat Wallace and co from the bench is a big plus. And their up tempo style would kill the Lakers devastated legs. Brad Miller vs Shaq!! Sweet! Malone vs C-Webb!! Payton vs Bibby!! And then there is Kobe, Peja, and!

·
Registered
10,840 Posts
Let it be known that I predicted a western conference finals of Minnesota vs Sacramento. I got ridiculed for it. But yes, not only arent the lakers arent going to win, but they wont make it the western conference finals. we have a ways to go before I am either right or wrong, but right now Minny and Sacramento are the 2 best teams in basketball
I found it interesting that you mentioned the Western Conference Finals and didn't even mention the Spurs.:confused:

I would say as of now, the Timberwolves and Kings are the two best teams in the West/league, but I personally don't think both of them will be able to beat out the Spurs and/or Lakers, meaning I think it is more realistic for only one of the two teams to make it.

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by <b>KokoTheMonkey</b>!

I found it interesting that you mentioned the Western Conference Finals and didn't even mention the Spurs.:confused:

I would say as of now, the Timberwolves and Kings are the two best teams in the West/league, but I personally don't think both of them will be able to beat out the Spurs and/or Lakers, meaning I think it is more realistic for only one of the two teams to make it.
I stick by my prediction. and i was fully aware of the teams that Dallas, the Lakers and the spurs possesed when i made it. Minny and Sac-town have the look of champions this year. and the scary thing is that neither is healthy at all yet. NO EXCUSES

·
Registered
8,925 Posts
Twolves, Kings and Lakers all have the scary looking lineups along with the ability to work well together for the most part.

The Spurs have the most underrated force in the league, its called defense.

I still like the Spurs, because I come from the state of mind that says defense wins championships. Offenses will have offnights, defenses dont unless there is a lack of effort.

I'd love to see KG vs. Duncan in the WCF. I supposed its going to come down to how the teams matchup in the 2nd round though, that will determine it. The Kings could match up with the Twolves in the 2nd round, making your prediction useless.

I like the Spurs though, Twolves would be a 2nd choice. I also come from the state of mind that the team with the best individual player (surrounded by good roleplayers) has a much better chance than a solid all around talented team like the Kings. KG and Duncan are the best two players, so I think one of their teams will win it IMO.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts