Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
In addition, the league has three schools (two of which have baseball) in markets that lost MiLB teams, and even though the Vermont Lake Monsters joined a college summer league, the future of baseball in Binghamton and Lowell is in our league, and can provide locals that product.
Sorry, this is of little consequence relative to the rest of your post but I've seen it a couple times and thought it should be clarified: Binghamton did not lose its minor league team. They are still the Mets' AA affiliate. Along with Burlington and Lowell, the greater Albany area (read: Troy) lost its affiliated minor league team but did repackage as a member of the MLB-partnered independent Frontier League.

·
Registered
3,750 Posts
I don't care who runs the league, as long as that group of schools stay together (sans Elon).
That's fair, same. I'm just not interested in the league posted by ace. I want to stay with New Hampshire. Playing Albany and Stony Brook is fine. None of the other schools interest me one iota. At that point, saving the millions of dollars per year we could by not having football is more attractive.

If JMU leaves the CAA, I much prefer sticking with the teams left over. Trading Villanova, Delaware, William & Mary, etc. for that dreck is not worth sponsoring football for.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts