Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
16,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I knew the Blazers had been struggling, and I knoew that we had the 6th-worst record in the NBA. What I did NOT realize was just how poorly this team has been doing from a wins-loss perspective.

I think it's my reptile brain shielding me from the stress, but

-- Portland has gone 1-11 the last 12 games.
-- Portland has gone 3-19 the last 22 games.
-- Portland has gone 10-30 the last 40 games.

Take out that hot streak (5 of 7 at one point, 7 of 11 overall) and it's amazing how bad this team has been.

I'm not posting this to pile on them or to point fingers. Just to marvel at how quickly I've acclamated to following a loser.

Ed O.

·
Banned member
28,452 Posts
Ed O said:
I knew the Blazers had been struggling, and I knoew that we had the 6th-worst record in the NBA. What I did NOT realize was just how poorly this team has been doing from a wins-loss perspective.

I think it's my reptile brain shielding me from the stress, but

-- Portland has gone 1-11 the last 12 games.
-- Portland has gone 3-19 the last 22 games.
-- Portland has gone 10-30 the last 40 games.

Take out that hot streak (5 of 7 at one point, 7 of 11 overall) and it's amazing how bad this team has been.

I'm not posting this to pile on them or to point fingers. Just to marvel at how quickly I've acclamated to following a loser.

Ed O.
pretty strange, aint it? I've almost become numb to it.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Hap said:
pretty strange, aint it? I've almost become numb to it.

That's a perfect example for me. I'm just numb to it. It's a lot less stressfull when we aren't expecting great things. Those years when we were one of the better teams on paper, but obviously not on the court, were the hardest years..

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Playmaker0017 said:
Eh, I'm used to it.

I've been following Reef for 8 years.

Damn those Grizzlies!

Damn them all to hell!

Play.

he he.. Play knows what he's talking about. It's almost like being a Clippers fan for him. ;)

·
Registered
3,030 Posts
And next year, we get to stretch it over an entire season! Now THAT will be a test of your denial.

But actually, it's kind of liberating. I lived in LA that season the Clippers started 0-16, and when they won a game finally, I walked around with a goofy grin on my face. Lowered expectations, that's the key.

·
Registered
853 Posts
until reef leaves (god i hope we dont resign him) we will continue to lose...it's no longer just chance that he loses, HE IS A LOSER!....sorry to those who like reef but no matter how well he plays individually reef's team loses

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
riehldeal said:
until reef leaves (god i hope we dont resign him) we will continue to lose...it's no longer just chance that he loses, HE IS A LOSER!....sorry to those who like reef but no matter how well he plays individually reef's team loses
That's the most absurd comment I've ever heard.

Name ONE player currently in the league that makes this Blazer team as it currently is structured with injuries (- Shareef) win.

No one besides, maybe, Shaq.

When Reef was playing on a HEALTHY Blazer team and he was healthy, we were 2 games over .500.

I think the calibre of players around him has SOMETHING to do with wins and losses ... of course, I'm the same idiot that believes basketball is played 5-on-5.

Play.

·
Registered
9,192 Posts
riehldeal said:
It's hardly SAR's fault that he's been on crappy teams his whole career.

Can you imagine how much worse the Blazers would be with out him?

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
HearToTemptYou said:
It's hardly SAR's fault that he's been on crappy teams his whole career.

Can you imagine how much worse the Blazers would be with out him?
Your point might have some validity to it, but I doubt the stats will.

I bet Portland's record w/out SAR this season is near the same, if not better, than when he is playing.

·
Registered
11,878 Posts
Only 15 more to go everyone :banghead:

·
Registered
9,192 Posts
Tince said:
Your point might have some validity to it, but I doubt the stats will.

I bet Portland's record w/out SAR this season is near the same, if not better, than when he is playing.
Ahh, but stats, as you know, don't always tell the whole story.

The Blazers win/loss record may be the same, but I don't think the games would be as close as they have been.

·
Registered
8,046 Posts
I nominate this as the most ridiculous post of the year.

If Rahim was traded to San Antonio, would they suddenly start losing?
If he was traded to the Heat, would they suddenly go into a funk? What about the Suns? The Sonics? The Mavericks? The Rockets?

The fact is, Rahim played for two very bad teams before he came to Portland. The Vancouver Grizzlies and the Atlanta Hawks were bad before he got there, and they were bad after he left. And it is his bad luck that Portland decided to start rebuilding after he joined the team. Rahim is unlucky, but he is not cursed--and he doesn't curse the teams he plays for.

Put Rahim on a top-notch team, and he would only make them better.

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Talkhard said:
I nominate this as the most ridiculous post of the year.
Werd!

I second the motion.

If Rahim was traded to San Antonio, would they suddenly start losing?
But of course.

If he was traded to the Heat, would they suddenly go into a funk?
Most definitely.

What about the Suns? The Sonics? The Mavericks? The Rockets?
Need you ask. No matter how good he plays ... all teams will lose.

Like the last time the US won the Olympic gold ... he wasn't on that team... errr ... wait, yes he was.

Put Rahim on a top-notch team, and he would only make them better.
It would be nice if Portland were that team.

Play.

·
Registered
936 Posts
riehldeal said:

Dumb.

Reef in Vancouver = Expansion team
Reef in Atlanta = Atlanta
Reef in Portland = Youth movement

Who, may I ask, could take any of those teams, and turn them into a winner? I saw someone say Shaq, maybe - but that's a huge maybe...and an unfair comparison. After all, who can compare to Shaq? Put KG or Duncan on any of those teams and you're still lottery bound.

I'm not a huge Reef fan, mind you, but labeling him a perennial loser is unfair.

·
Banned
765 Posts
Playmaker0017 said:
That's the most absurd comment I've ever heard.

Name ONE player currently in the league that makes this Blazer team as it currently is structured with injuries (- Shareef) win.

No one besides, maybe, Shaq.

Play.

Come on, that's dumb post 1b. Kobe Bryant, Tim Duncan, Steve Nash, Ray Allen....there's a long list of players that would make us a winning team.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Well... now seems like a good time to post my first response- I've been a lurker here for the past year or so and with this team in such disarray I've realized that it's now more than ever important for all of us to realize that we need to stick with this team, show our support, and hope for better days.

One statistic from the Oregonian that I couldn't believe I was reading was how the Blazers have lost 19 games in a row on the road to Western Conference teams. My how I remember and long for the days when a loss would result in disappointment until the next game, always confident that any team, Spurs, Lakers included were surely beatable.

I hope to be a posititve contributer to this board, and thanks to all who have already made this a positive environment to spend countless hours peering over.

·
Registered
16,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
blazerfansince1999 said:
I hope to be a posititve contributer to this board, and thanks to all who have already made this a positive environment to spend countless hours peering over.
Welcome!

Ed O.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts