Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

What do you predict for Mussleman?

• Make the playoffs and win coach of the year?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Win 22 games and get a lottery pick?

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Fired in the 1st half of the season?

• Fired in the 2nc half of the season?

• Just miss the playoffs?

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • Get so fed up that Dampier plays soft that he puts him in the figure four and ends his career? Thus,

Votes: 1 9.1%
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
I think this Eric Musselman guy is going to pan out for Golden State. Everything I've read about the guy I like, a LOT. But whoever voted for "Just miss the playoffs" needs to wake up! This team is a LOOOOOOOOONG way from contending for a playoff spot in the West!

If this team can win 30 ballgames, they might just be the most improved team in the league. And, if the players buy into Musselman--or if ENOUGH of them do, anyway--then 30 wins is an attainable goal. But the playoffs? C'mon, fellas!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think Muss can get the players to buy into the system. Jackson got Jordan to buy into his system when he took over as head coach and the rest followed. And who was Jackson at the time? A coach who jumped around hoping to get a NBA job. I read Sacred Hoops by Jackson and showed where his coaching philosophy came from. He has the ability to motivate and benefits from his coaching staff. I feel Muss is from the same mold. Granted there is no Jordan or Pippen on this team, but at least he has a talented bunch of kids to work with. Only time will tell. :p

·
Registered
268 Posts
I predict 37 wins and Dampier gets traded along with all the other dead weight. Improved D means we win more games. Better shooting means we win more games. Fewer balls thrown out of bounds by Fortson means we win more games. Maybe I am crazy but I dont think 37 is a stretch.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I want to be optemistic yet be realistic as well....

Till I see Fortson and Dampier pack their bags.. I won't be optemistic...

·
Registered
268 Posts
you are right nismo

If I see them on opening night(especially Fortson) we have issues. GM's obviously are not too high on him. His rebounding numbers would not be as high on a team with a good shooting percentage and his glass foot probably doesnt thrill people either. He is a hard worker though. Someone's got to be interested. I just hope it is not that horrible NY deal.

·
Registered
413 Posts
But any deal the get rid of a highly paid disgruntled player sounds nice especially

If the salaries that you are getting back in return can be waived or a lot shorter than what you got rid of.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts