Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Grumpy Pragmatist
3,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked this up on the Toronto board. It is probably just a pipe dream thrown out by a fan, but it supposedly works under the CBA.

Portland gives up: Sheed, Woods, our 1st round pick and a 2nd round pick.

Portland receives: Carter, Peterson, and L Murray.

This trade raises a couple of interesting questions. First, if you were PatterNash, would you bail on rebuilding to get an injury-prone, but borderline stud, like Carter? Second, would this really make the team better?

Murray is superfluous now that we have Person. A Peterson/Patterson tandem at SF could be adequate, and would allow the team to let Miles walk (or work a S&T).

The million dollar question is how Carter would fit. Can he play alongside a worthless PG like Damon? Would his scoring ability make life easier for Zach? At least, you would think it would take pressure off the kid.

Even if Carter stayed healthy - even if he regained his old explosiveness - we would still have huge holes at the 1 and 5. We would likely be back to playing for the 8th seed and a 1st round elimination.

Like I said, it is probably just hot air.....but it does force us to think about what direction we want the team to take.

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
Doesn't really get anything done, Vince is so injury prone and this doesn't get back a decent point guard. Listen up folks, as long as we have Damon Stoudamire as our starting point guard, this team will stay the same, it will continue to fail. If tomorrow we traded Sheed for say a package of Curry and Crawford from Chicago and then Jamal started then yes, that would make us better. Our first priority should be point guard IMO, then center. We get more weak defensively and I don't see our offense becoming that much better either. Id rather trade Sheed for a up and coming point guard.

·
Registered
8,714 Posts
If anything goes down with Wallace moving I would think it would be with a team that has young talent. Carter would be nice to have, but I don't see Portland moving Rasheed for him. If anything, I see a deal with Atlanta going down before a deal with Toronto.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts