Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I actually kept track last night of our set offense and when Damon "started" it.

On average, Damon made his first entry pass (not a "here, I'm stuck, let me give it to you to give back to me pass) with 11 seconds left (usually between 8-12 seconds).

On the other hand, the Suns made their 3rd pass with 14 seconds left, on average.

That tells me a couple of things. The first is that we were fortunate to win last night (we shot very well) and that Damon has got to start the offense much quicker.

The second is that we're not pressuring the ball on defense if a team has their third pass within their offense completed with more than 12 seconds left.

A major reason we may not make the playoffs. IMHO

·
Registered
8,264 Posts
reminds me of the time on a whim I decided to count all the ugly people inside a Walmart. after five minutes, I realized I was only quantifying a horrible thing I already knew to be true, and it was best just to spend my efforts in getting the wife to shop quicker.

so I guess what I'm saying is that Damon's flaws are soooo well documented and have remained unresolved for sooooo long that I just wouldn't be too disappointed if I were you that this thread doesn't get a lot of posts.

let's start a bunch more threads on our new CBA guard savior instead. start Omar Cook, Cheeks!

·
Registered
16,001 Posts
Originally posted by <b>theWanker</b>!

let's start a bunch more threads on our new CBA guard savior instead. start Omar Cook, Cheeks!
You're all messed up, theWanker.

Omar cook is our new NBDL savior. Eddie Gill is our new CBA savior.

Blazer Prophet: thanks for tracking that. I've contemplated doing the same myself, and I'm glad that (even in a small sample size) our general perception of Damon as an over-dribbler is backed by the numbers.

Ed O.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts