Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two positions that LA needs to fill are PG(Damon) and PF(SAR). Due to the financial situation in LA, they would most likely be willing to overpay for the talent to a little degree. I am not sure exactly what the trade would be, but the Blazers could try to get Caron Butler and a contract for a S&T of SAR or Damon. It Would balance the Lakers to not have their two best players play the same position like Bryant and Caron should. Caron could be our SG of the future. Caron is playing SF but I think he is would be a better fit at SG. His 3 point % is not good, but that is in part due to the Lakers having no one on the inside to take the pressure off him, and lately he has been shooting very well from deep.

Any ideas? are you interested in Caron?

·
Retired From The Beat
2,454 Posts
Caron is not a shooting guard. He's too slow, and we need a guy who can bomb from deep. His shooting is suspect.

·
Registered
6,397 Posts
I'll pass on Caron Butler. He's definitely another 3 who doesn't really fill any of our needs. I'd rather see us take a chance on someone like Q Richardson before going after CB. Not to mention that we'd have to take back some extra salary from a Laker team that has very little to offer.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Eww

·
Registered
9,819 Posts
Let's see...we have Darius Miles,Viktor Khryapa,Travis Oultaw, Ruben Patterson,Sergei Monia and ugh Derek Anderson at the swingmen pos. We trade away a point and a pf for another swingmen....no thanks. The ONLY player on LA that intrigues me is Odom, who would fit in nicely here might I add.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts