Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Dukes-Bills is easily the game of the day. Can the Dukes take care of business at home vs a contender, or can the Bills snag a quality road win vs an upper half team? If you're trying to contend, you must win at home, so this game is more important for Duquesne than it is for SLU.

·
Piker
8,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dukes-Bills is easily the game of the day. Can the Dukes take care of business at home vs a contender, or can the Bills snag a quality road win vs an upper half team? If you're trying to contend, you must win at home, so this game is more important for Duquesne than it is for SLU.
Easily the game of the day? What about UD playing in the attic at Gola?

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Easily the game of the day? What about UD playing in the attic at Gola?
LaSalle has played well above expectations. but I think everyone will be shocked if Dayton doesn't slap them around. Dukes-Bills should be a close game. Dukes are favored, but SLU has a solid chance to win. (Of course now, LaSalle will pull off the upset, and the Dukes-Bills game will be a 20 point blowout either way 😆

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
The niceties of the ooc are over. Now, its: "our coach is an idiot", "the refs cost us the game", "compare the number of free throws", "cheesesteaks, will they never learn", "eyoa" "damn timekeeper", etc.

For those inclined to make a wager, I believe Dayton has lost its last eight games to conference mates in Philly.

·
Piker
8,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
LaSalle has played well above expectations. but I think everyone will be shocked if Dayton doesn't slap them around. Dukes-Bills should be a close game. Dukes are favored, but SLU has a solid chance to win. (Of course now, LaSalle will pull off the upset, and the Dukes-Bills game will be a 20 point blowout either way 😆
Both games should be good ones. I will be at the VCU/Fordham game so all I will be doing is checking scores. Although with the Stu's cellular service I might not even be able to do that.

·
Registered
5,932 Posts
In February, after I get drunk on colonial beer at Chef Walter Staib’s City Tavern, I plan to rehydrate with the help of that Gola water fountain. It will give me a chance to heckle Donnie Carr before tipoff (it’s perpetually the 90s in my head).

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
With apologies to JAF, La Salle hosting UD is the game of the day. If La Salle is legitimate, at home, A10 opener, this is tight one.
The Flyer’s are 11 point favorites, have the best player in the court, the best starting five and have the best bench. I’m going to start a “Fire Grant” thread if we lose.

I realize that it’s a new decade, but when did you start apologizing for your posts

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
I think there's a better than 50% chance Dayton loses at LaSalle or SJU this week in Philly. You'll see these teams do things vs Dayton you havent seen all year. Just like the last time in Philly. And the time before that. And the time before that. And the time...

·
Piker
8,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I think there's a better than 50% chance Dayton loses at LaSalle or SJU this week in Philly. You'll see these teams do things vs Dayton you havent seen all year. Just like the last time in Philly. And the time before that. And the time before that. And the time...
Why the hell is UD playing LaSalle at Gola?! Has to be emasculating.

·
Registered
3,149 Posts
The Flyer’s are 11 point favorites, have the best player in the court, the best starting five and have the best bench. I’m going to start a “Fire Grant” thread if we lose.

I realize that it’s a new decade, but when did you start apologizing for your posts
I think lots of times, we tend to assume the best team is going to win 75-95% of the time, and an occasional upset happens but it's rare.

The reality is, there's ALL KINDS of thousands of factors we're totally unaware of. Players banged up but not injured, players who didn't sleep well the night before. Sometimes you just have multiple players with off nights at the same time. Every team will have "A flu game" where it seems the whole team has the flu.

It's always funny to me when ESPN does their BPI/Pct Chance to Win stats, because it's ridiculous. When you look at your team's schedule and go "Beat Georgia, Lose to Michigan St, Beat Va Tech, Beat Colorado...." You're always going to end up over-estimating the number of 50/50 games you win, and you're going to assume you beat all 15 easily beatable opponents. Realistically, pick 50% of your 50-50 games, and include TWO games where you just shit the bed against someone you should beat.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts