Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 241 Posts

·
Curse of the Sonics
20,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kobe was 14-36 from the field with 46 points.

The rest of the Lakers were 18-59 from the field, and so many of them were wide open shots created by Kobe himself, and the game still went to overtime. Kobe almost single handedly beat the Nets.

Kobe Bryant is amazing, but the Lakers are not very good.

·
I Love This Game
2,596 Posts
could not agree with you more.

Yes, Kobe takes alot of shots, but in doing so he is giving the lakers a chance to win!
Without Kobe the Lakers would not have scored over 60 points this game.
The man was not human during the last minute of the game hitting two absolutely ridiculous threes that should been air balls had they been shot by any other player. If the Lakers make the playoffs, he gets my vote for MVP.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Kobe was actually giving up the ball in OT, whereas a little earlier in the season he would've been jacking up some shots. Steve Kerr wrote a good article about this recently:
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_y...vLYF?slug=sk-lakers112505&prov=yhoo&type=lgns
He showed lots of trust in his teammates today though, but the team just didn't come through. The Lakers really needed this win though, with the Spurs coming up on the road next.

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
Lamar Odom was turned into a jumpshooter during this game and that's not what he is.

Though Kobe was amazing at the end of regulation, I still think he needs better shot selection. He's settling way too much for 15-20 foot jumpers and took a lot of 3s tonight. Kidd did a pretty good job on Kobe and was frustrating him a lot.

Kobe did do a good defensive job on Carter though. Smothering him the entire night.

Kobe is going through what KGs going through....maybe they should unite?:biggrin:

·
Registered
407 Posts
HallOfFamer said:
Though Kobe was amazing at the end of regulation, I still think he needs better shot selection. He's settling way too much for 15-20 foot jumpers and took a lot of 3s tonight. Kidd did a pretty good job on Kobe and was frustrating him a lot.

Kobe did do a good defensive job on Carter though. Smothering him the entire night.
Yeah, I agree. Kobe seems to be falling in love with that jumper lately. I'd love to see him drive to the basket a lot more.

·
Curse of the Sonics
20,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
HallOfFamer said:
Completely agree. Vince Carter had just 10 points on 3-12. That's his worst game of the year. Kobe locked him down tonight, on top of shouldering the entire offense.

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
14 of 36 is not amazing (39%? come on..). If you take 36 shots, you better get a good amount of points.

Not to diss on Kobe, because he IS a great player, but he's not exactly shooting lights out himself. And to be fair, his team shot 30%. Comparing 30 to 39 and making it sound like Kobe's shooting amazingly isn't very accurate. He also had 16 free throws as well...

·
Curse of the Sonics
20,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
46 points on 36 shots is good production. If he got 46 points on 23-36 from the field, you would say it's great production.

If you want a better measure, Kobe scored 46 points on 36 shots, while the rest of the Lakers scored 50 points on 59 shots. I'm sorry but that's terrible, and it wasn't good defense, it wasn't aggressive defense, they were missing good shots.

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
I thought Kobe got way too passive in the OT. It was obvious nobody else (except Cook) was gonna do anything so he shouldn't have passed at all. They were horrible tonight, yet almost won.

·
Premium Member
69,618 Posts
Sir Patchwork said:
Completely agree. Vince Carter had just 10 points on 3-12. That's his worst game of the year. Kobe locked him down tonight, on top of shouldering the entire offense.
I'll give him that Kobe did a nice defensive job on Vince but lets also not forget that Vince was in foul trouble during that game and Kobe didnt exactly shoot a nice percentage either

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
Hbwoy said:
I'll give him that Kobe did a nice defensive job on Vince but lets also not forget that Vince was in foul trouble during that game and Kobe didnt exactly shoot a nice percentage either
...and Jason Kidd was guarding him (presuming you're implying that Vince locked down Kobe too)

·
Banned
4,660 Posts
Kobe shot the ball a ridiculous amount of times, but it was Jason Kidd who dominated that game.

·
Registered
4,734 Posts
7M3 said:
Kobe shot the ball a ridiculous amount of times, but it was Jason Kidd who dominated that game.
Very well said. :clap: :cheers:

·
Curse of the Sonics
20,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You guys value field goal percentage too much in offensive efficiency. Really.

You would rather have a guy go 6-10 and score 12 points with no free throw attempts, than a guy go 4-12 from the field and 18-20 from the line and score 30 points. Just doesn't make any sense.

·
Curse of the Sonics
20,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
7M3 said:
Yeah, Kidd played a damn good game. He was the 2nd best player on the floor, playing with the 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th best players on the court. Maybe you could slip Cook in there, but the difference tonight was in the supporting cast. Kobe outplayed Kidd fairly easily.

·
BBB.net Archivist
26,901 Posts
If only we didn't make that stupid trade for Kwame Brown... yeah who says we don't need Butler's offense.

Brian Cook has looked better than Kwame anyways.

·
Premium Member
69,618 Posts
Sir Patchwork said:
Yeah, Kidd played a damn good game. He was the 2nd best player on the floor, playing with the 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th best players on the court. Maybe you could slip Cook in there, but the difference tonight was in the supporting cast. Kobe outplayed Kidd fairly easily.
and lost, much good those stats were.

·
Curse of the Sonics
20,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Jamel Irief said:
If only we didn't make that stupid trade for Kwame Brown... yeah who says we don't need Butler's offense.

Brian Cook has looked better than Kwame anyways.
Way to stay on topic, but you're right. Mainly because Odom is a lot worse than I thought. He is complete garbage. Butler not being traded would mean less time for Odom, but that looks like it would have been a good thing.

1 - 20 of 241 Posts