Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a big fan of this kid. Have been ever since seeing him dunk on JO in the Olympic Qualifiers. I think he is better than Nene and just a real joy to watch play. I think his offense is underrated right now. Once he gets comfortable I think you'll see a nice 15 foot jump shot. And some post moves down low.

He plays big too. Some have said he's a Dennis Rodman type, and I can see that. But he does actually have real talent and skills on the offensive end(of course Dennis did too, but he was insane) and I don't see Anderson ever becoming just a rebounder/defender. I think playing with Lebron eventually he will be a double double guy.

·
Premium Member
18,840 Posts
A big Yay here. He's got a nice jumper and is already a very good post defender. Other strengths include a decent touch on his passes and decent footwork in the post . His rebounding is what is exceptional and unique along with the energy.

The big question mark is does he have the stamina to play his type of game when he eventually gets more minutes

·
Registered
7,809 Posts
Yay.

Anderson is one of the few guys on the team who is as competitive and hates to lose as LeBron. AV is energetic and even when he makes mistakes or plays bad for a game, it's never because of a lack of heart or desire. I'm shocked Silas was against playing the kid (forget about the recent clash with Gilbert on the subject, I'm talking earlier in the year too).

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
yay

·
Registered
7,418 Posts
yay. he looks better than gooden at times. stepped up big in the 4th vs the pistons just right now.

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
Is he good? Yeah.

Been my least favorite player in the league since the first time I saw him play though.

He flops like crazy and every time he scores as he runs back up the floor I can just here in my head some South American guy screaming "GOAAAAAAAAAAAAL" while watching him run back on D jumping and waiving his arms around like he just won the World Cup.

Plus his carrot top hair.

Oh my God

There is no possible way anyone could be more grating.

Can definately see why Cleveland fans like him though.

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I and most AV fans like to call it Sideshow Bob hair.
not Carrot top hair. :-D

And I like the south american guys who yell, GOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLL.

I wonder who is better at soccer, Nash or Verejao?

·
Top Of The Pops
27,472 Posts
Yay, Verajao will be at least a solid starter for the Cavs. He's pretty skilled all-around.

·
kiss my grits
18,629 Posts
:curse: - Still pissed Orlando gave him up when they probably didn't need to. Exactly the type of energy guy off the bench Orlando has needed. One of Weisbrod's not so good moves.

·
Registered
12,128 Posts
The Nets decided they'd rather have $3 mil in cold cash instead of SideShow Bob. :cry:

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
SeaNet said:
The Nets decided they'd rather have $3 mil in cold cash instead of SideShow Bob. :cry:

Man. A frontline of Kristic and Verejao would be all you would need with RJ, VC, and JK on the perimeter. They must be kicking themselves.

·
Registered
7,418 Posts
Sideshow bob? i dont see it

now Justin from american idol? bingo!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Big Yay.

Dude is nothing but electricity. He's a flopper, sure, but that's how you gotta get calls sometimes. He got in Wallace's head tonight, and absolutely mindscrewed him. He's going to be a hell of a defender, and a hell of a rebounder when he gets Gooden like minutes.

·
Registered
12,128 Posts
futuristxen said:
Man. A frontline of Kristic and Verejao would be all you would need with RJ, VC, and JK on the perimeter. They must be kicking themselves.
I hope they are kicking themselves, I know I wish I was within leg distance.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Anderson is definitely a YAY.. or a SIM in portuguese.

But I hope he keeps coming off of the bench. He is THE spark off of the bench for this team. And the other guys feed off of his energy. And when he is playing well, he gets the important minutes in the 4th quarter when the game is on the line.

·
Queensbridge
1,936 Posts
A 'yay' from me, too.

Varejao is a spark-plug off the bench for now, and I love the qualities that he has. He can rebound, make the 'key' players in a game, rebound and actually is skilled enough to create his own shot. I was surprised to notice how big he plays, and think that he is a tough match-up.

BRAAAAAAAAAZILLLLLL!

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
I'd have to agree with evverone else, yay. I personally don't think he'll ever be a franchise player or even an all-star, but he is THE energy sparkplug off the bench that every team would love. His energy is just so fun to watch.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts