Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Come At Me Bro
6,946 Posts
The fact that someone a big as talented as Blatche can't find a place in the NBA says a lot about how teams must be afraid of his behavioral problems.

·
_(ツ)_ส้้้้&#3
28,008 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
The fact that someone a big as talented as Blatche can't find a place in the NBA says a lot about how teams must be afraid of his behavioral problems.
I think it's more about the money. He will play until march, he will get 2.5 mil. there, he will have a lot of playing time, and there is some competition in the CBA, as they have imported some other quality tall guys. In the NBA he would get, 1.2-1.3 mil per season, max. And he will play less minutes and more games.
Also, he may return to the NBA before the playoffs if some team is in a dire need of a player of his position and skill set, or play in some other league somewhere else (as most leagues end in June) and he will be much sharper because of the playtime he will get in the CBA.

·
Limehouse Blues
26,988 Posts
Yeah. This makes sense for him at this point. There's no capspace left in the NBA, aside from Philly and they can lose just as well without paying Blatche. This will be similar to what he'd be able to get in the NBA, but for a much shorter season. After the season ends over there he'll have time to get picked up with someone making a playoff push

·
Jesus Shuttlesworth
17,071 Posts
Good decision for Blatche. He is going to make the same money he would make here and won't play anywhere near as many games. Plus he seems to be a guy who really enjoys other cultures considering all the hoops he jumped through to play for the Filipino National Team and a lot of his living expenses will be handled by the team.

·
BBB.net Archivist
26,901 Posts
I called it one of BrooklynNetsTalk other Blatche threads, but this is a Brian Williams thing all over again. He will sign on with a contender a month before the playoffs and be a deadly bench big.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts