Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone besides me want Andre Igoudala in the draft? I've really been impressed with this guy since I saw him play in high school. He has pretty good size (6'6'' 208). He is also very athletic. I think the only real "?" about this guy would probably be his jumper. I really truely believe that this guy could be the best player to come out of Arizona in a long time. He could probably play the 2/3, with maybe a little bit of the 1 in a bind. For some reason, he remindes me of a young Pippen. I think I would take him over Deng, he has shown me more. I'm tired of drafting players with "potential". While Deng has more potential, I don't want to have to wait three years for another 19 year old. At least Igoudala has one more year of college. Thoughts?

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
jumpshot away from greatness. Doesnt he stike anyone else as Corey maggette type 2? maybe a little handler and setting up the offense and less J. He is very nice. But it appears we are picking top 5, maybe higher. Its a reach to take him any higher then about 8 here

·
Registered
8,438 Posts
Originally posted by <b>rlucas4257</b>!
jumpshot away from greatness. Doesnt he stike anyone else as Corey maggette type 2? maybe a little handler and setting up the offense and less J. He is very nice. But it appears we are picking top 5, maybe higher. Its a reach to take him any higher then about 8 here
I don't know, rlucas, he could creep up to be the third college player taken. Let's see how his game develops as time goes on. The question is would we draft him to play the undersized 3 or draft him to (gulp) take Jamal's place at the 2. He's very impressive. I like his big rebounding numbers, good size, and good shooting percentage.

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
I really like his game. He is a SG IMO. Corey Maggette is an excellent comparision. Rlucas is right as well, if he develops a perimeter J, look out! He will rise come draft day. JRich was picked #5, I could see that here as well.

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
I just dont know. I think he is going to be a point forward version of maggette. I really do. But on draft day? Who knows. DMD, your right, he could be the third college player taken. maybe #2 if Deng doesnt come out. But this is going to be an international and HS player draft. I fully expect 8 HSers to go in round 1 and 10 International players. If you look at the top 5, it appears to be Howard, Okafor, Deng, Pavel and maybe Chiriavev or Smith.

·
Registered
8,438 Posts
I just dont know. I think he is going to be a point forward version of maggette. I really do. But on draft day? Who knows. DMD, your right, he could be the third college player taken. maybe #2 if Deng doesnt come out. But this is going to be an international and HS player draft. I fully expect 8 HSers to go in round 1 and 10 International players. If you look at the top 5, it appears to be Howard, Okafor, Deng, Pavel and maybe Chiriavev or Smith.
8 HS in the first round?!? Now THAT would be crazy.

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
That is a good top 5 although I don't know if I see Chiriavev rising that high but Skita did so who knows. If Deng does not go pro though Iggy will be the best SG/SF available ahead of Smith IMO. Obviously the Bulls might be interested in a SG/SF in the top 5. Now Orlando,Atlanta, Phoenix,Cleveland would most likely go with a big man but Chicago and maybe Washington might want an wing player and if no Deng that only leaves Iggy and Smith.

·
Sincerely, Derrick Rose
3,012 Posts
Yeah, I really like Iggy too.

I saw the Arizona vs California game few days ago and Iggy was the top scorer in that game. What I like about him is he doesn't force shots, he takes it to the rim, and he can post up a little bit too. Iggy is a very good rebounder for his size because of his athleticism. He overjumps everybody and sometimes he kinda slash his way to the rim to grab the rebound. He is quick and strong. He is also explosive. It's true though that Iggy needs to improve his J.

Yeah, he kinda reminds me of Maggette in terms of his athleticism and his strong built. But, I disagree with some compare him to Richard Jefferson and James Posey.

James Posey doesn't have as many offensive tools as Iggy and Iggy is stronger. Iggy is way more explosive; like Desmond Mason or young Spree. But, I think Posey will be the better all around defender because of Posey's advantage in height.

and I just don't see RJeff in Iggy. They're athleticism is comparable. but, other than that.. their game is different.

It's tough to choose between Deng and Iggy. I like both of them. Deng is a rare talent.

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
well without thinking about it here is what I see

Smith
Howard
Chiriavev
Livingston
the kid Howard played on National TV 2 weeks ago, Randolph
Swift
Aldridge

·
Sincerely, Derrick Rose
3,012 Posts
Originally posted by <b>basghetti80</b>!
I really like his game. He is a SG IMO. Corey Maggette is an excellent comparision. Rlucas is right as well, if he develops a perimeter J, look out! He will rise come draft day. JRich was picked #5, I could see that here as well.
Yeah, that JRich pick crossed my mind. Because I think Iggy is in similar situation. JRich was the most athletic SG in his draft class like Iggy. Iggy wouldn't have too many competitions at his spot. Probably Antoine Wright, but Iggy is a much better prospect. Iggy will be the first SG taken like JRich.

However, I don't think he will be the top 5 pick like JRich. Looking at the lottery position prediction in NBADraft.net

The top 5 lottery team are:

Magic - which already have McGrady, Giricek, and Bogans at SG and SF position.

Bulls - the only way Iggy can be a top 3 pick is if the Bulls decide to pick Iggy at #2 to fill their need at SF/SG. However, it will depend on Deng. If Deng does not declare than it's down to Iggy or Josh Smith. or Okafor if he is available. No Howard is not coming to Chicago; We don't need him.

Wizards - obviously don't need another swingmen. They already have Hayes, Hughes, Stackhouse.

Bobcats - I wouldn't pick Iggy if I want to start a new franchise.

Hawks - maybe. but, they already have Stephen Jackson and Jason Terry. It might happen if Atlanta decide to trade Terry.

Iggy is more likely to go to either Cleveland at #7 or Philadelphia at #8. Both can use Iggy's service immediately.

But, yeah I believe that he's going to be the first SG taken in the draft.

·
Registered
8,438 Posts
But I have no understanding as to why Romain Sato is in the second round in so many mock drafts. This guy has NBA potential written all over him. A great athlete with appropriate size and a great shot. He's also a great defender. What's the deal? I'm going to predict this guy gets taken in the first round for sure.

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Darius Miles Davis</b>!
But I have no understanding as to why Romain Sato is in the second round in so many mock drafts. This guy has NBA potential written all over him. A great athlete with appropriate size and a great shot. He's also a great defender. What's the deal? I'm going to predict this guy gets taken in the first round for sure.
He is this years Dahntay Jones. Last year Jones was a second round pick on everyones board. then West took him at 14 for Memphis. Same thing with Freddie Jones 2 years ago. Sato probably ends up at 15 or so. But I keep my fingers crossed that he sneaks down to us in round 2

·
Registered
8,438 Posts

He is this years Dahntay Jones. Last year Jones was a second round pick on everyones board. then West took him at 14 for Memphis. Same thing with Freddie Jones 2 years ago. Sato probably ends up at 15 or so. But I keep my fingers crossed that he sneaks down to us in round 2
I agree with you that I think his draft stock will rise late in the game and he will be a first rounder, but I also think he will be a much better pro than either D. Jones or F. Jones. Unfortunately, I don't think he will slip to us, but I would be very happy if he did.

·
Me lose brain? Uh oh!
5,702 Posts

I agree with you that I think his draft stock will rise late in the game and he will be a first rounder, but I also think he will be a much better pro than either D. Jones or F. Jones. Unfortunately, I don't think he will slip to us, but I would be very happy if he did.
oh come on, you know it wouldn't make any difference. We'll take a 6'7" PF or a 5'11" PG in the 2nd round, even if Deng falls that far. :)

·
Registered
8,438 Posts
Originally posted by <b>ViciousFlogging</b>!

oh come on, you know it wouldn't make any difference. We'll take a 6'7" PF or a 5'11" PG in the 2nd round, even if Deng falls that far. :)
We need to search out this year's version of Michael Ruffin in the draft and bet lots of money we'll draft him. :laugh:

·
Registered
140 Posts
I think this guy would be a great pick if we trade down to the 7-12 range. I think everyone is pretty close with their C.Maggette / R.Jefferson / J.Richardson comparisons. If the kid can develop a jump shot he will be a very nice SG or unersized SF.

·
Registered
140 Posts
"He's gonna be the best athlete in nba - no kidding."

SWEET! Then we'll have the two best athletes in the NBA.

He can race E.Rob in practice.

. .

·
Registered
6,073 Posts
Originally posted by <b>jbob2</b>!
"He's gonna be the best athlete in nba - no kidding."

SWEET! Then we'll have the two best athletes in the NBA.

He can race E.Rob in practice.
He's way stronger then ERob and used to be a high jumper .

The only place ERob will race him is to the bank;)

·
Rollin Wit Da Homies
5,080 Posts

We need to search out this year's version of Michael Ruffin in the draft and bet lots of money we'll draft him. :laugh:
Linas Kleiza

A 6-8 PF from Missouri, an underized rebounder. On 12/21, he was 17 pts and 9 reb. The next game, against Illinois, he was 6 and 4. The next game, against Memphis, he was 1 and 4. The next game, he was 18 and 9 in a loss against Belmont (Belmont?!).

He's the next Michael Ruffin, on my radar.

Personally, I hope we get Ricky Paulding in the 2nd round. The guy can play, seriously play. He's better than Kareem Rush, with a less sweet J but a much more complete game, and will probably fall to the 2nd. He'd be a great pickup, better than a Ronald Dupree.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts