Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The closer we get to draft day the more it looks like the cavs will hold onto miller. I know there are many smoke screens up but I believe that the cavs want to and will hold onto Miller. Miller will have a solid year for us because if he wants to sign a max contract with someone next and to do so he must continue to play to the level he has. During next season we can evaluate based upon our ability to drop sallary cap whether or not we will be able to resign him. If we aren't able to resign him then we trade him to a team that needs a point gaurd that is contending for the playoffs that may be willing to offer a good sized offer.

As it looks like we are going to keep miller I think there is a good likelyhood that if caron butler is not there at the 6th spot the cavs are going to trade down. My hope is that we can swap with the clippers as they don't want to have to look at signing two players. My only fear of this happening would be that dujaun wagner would not fall to us at 8 because of the clippers or the knicks signing him. We must get better through this draft and should do what it takes to do so.

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
I agree

my hope is the Cavs wise-up and just sign Andre... don't be cheap about it... give him the max and then you don't have to worry about that position! Take Butler or Wilcox with the #6, back-up PG in the 2nd. D*mn, I wish Mark Cuban was our owner...

The media today was saying that the Cavs and Phox are talking about an Andre trade... I worked out a scenario in a different thread.... not sure I like it, I think LAC has more to offer. But my first choice is to keep Andre....please.......

1 - 2 of 2 Posts