Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am pretty convinced this kid is the best center in the draft. He is only 18 years old and is dominating the FIBA Europe league. About 6'11 to 7'0 feet tall.

Here are his stats, 19.8ppg, 8.8rpg, 2.0bpg, 1.5spg, .56%FG in only 33 minutes a game.

He is ranked...

4th in Scoring

10th in FG%

7th in Free Throws Attempted

1st in Offensive Rebounds(4 a game)

13th in Defensive Rebounding

3rd in Blocked Shots

This guy looke better than Darko, but due to his lack of competition he is not projected as a top 5 pick. I think we should try and take him with hour highest pick.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Sure his stats are amazing due to his age, but be aware, FIBA Europe league isnt the strongest league in Europe, not even second one and just the third league. You take best 60 teams in Europe out and then you have the league where Biedrins plays in. Well, maybe few best teams of FIBA league could play in better league, but that doesnt change things much. It is also mentionable that Biedrins's team isnt doing well even in that league, they are standing just 3-10 and wont make it into the next round.

Another thing. Are you sure hes declaring this year? From what I heard in here, it seems he thinks to wait for at least one year...

·
Registered
4,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Im pretty sure he is declaring this year.

Im not saying he is a great player in a great league. I just think the numbers he puts up for his age are amazing.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
It is so awesome we can bring up a foreign players, and someone will pop in that knows about them. Cheers Zalgirinis.
What is your opinion of him so far? Compared to say... Nedzad Sinanovic?

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Paxil</b>!
It is so awesome we can bring up a foreign players, and someone will pop in that knows about them. Cheers Zalgirinis.
What is your opinion of him so far? Compared to say... Nedzad Sinanovic?
I cant compare them, cause I havent seen Sinanovic playing or seen him at all and I doubt anyone did. What I know of kid, that he is very raw, but tall, and started playing basketball just year or two ago and he cant be called a player now. If he works hard and developes he can try to be in good European level in lets say 5 years. NBA level... I think never. The guy picked basketball being 19 or 20 years of age... I think you should forget him...

Andris Biedrins... Its a pity, but I havent seen him this season, but I did last. He played few minutes in a game I saw and he was really good in defense looking to his age he had no bigger mistakes, in offense he wasnt geting the ball at all, but had scored after offensive rebounds twice. This season it seems that he became team's leader after Kristaps Valter (was in Cavs preseason) left for other team and Biedrins is definetly geting balls in offense now and scoring much. With such height is such league I have no doubts about his leading in rebs and blocks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts