Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Skokie, IL 60076
17,170 Posts
The Bulls, who somehow still rank third in the league in attendance, play eight of their next nine games at home......

Those few still remaining at game's end showered the Bulls with boos.

"We deserved them," Curry said. "We didn't give the right amount of effort."

I heard those boos at the end. they really did deserve it. At least Curry is taking it like a man. He played well on the offensive end. Remember last month, Curry was saying he was bothered by the boos?

·
Registered
8,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what bothers me most is, if this is the way they play after all the seemingly positive press of the the last few days, then, well, what's the point? sorta took the shine off that pretty fast. were they, in fact, UNMOTIVATED by the fact that Pax et al claimed Eddy and Tyson weren't going anywhere and Jamal was more mature and "coachable" etc. and resting on their 1-6 roadtrip laurels, not shamed by their "effort".

unacceptable is an understatement.

whoo.

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Sometimes Skiles just cracks me up .He sat there and watched AD and Brunson piss away a competitive game with bad layup misses and turnovers in the second quarter and then say poor effort.

Whats poor is staying with that geritol crew for too long and critical stretches of games.Ive just about had it it with his momentum killing rotations .

Normally when a coach knows his team is so hot and cold he rarely sits his starters when the game is going well .Skiles subs them in tight game knowing that its almost going to go against us when we are playing well .

There is no way Brunson should ever play if JYD is starting at sf .Crawford and Hinrich could sub each other in those situations because we should never have both off the floor at the same time .

Losing starts at the top and with a team with a fragile pysche a simple wrong time sub is the difference between wining and losing .

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Originally posted by <b>mizenkay</b>!
what bothers me most is, if this is the way they play after all the seemingly positive press of the the last few days, then, well, what's the point? sorta took the shine off that pretty fast. were they, in fact, UNMOTIVATED by the fact that Pax et al claimed Eddy and Tyson weren't going anywhere and Jamal was more mature and "coachable" etc. and resting on their 1-6 roadtrip laurels, not shamed by their "effort".

unacceptable is an understatement.

whoo.
they never learn to shut up, and it all started with Crawford in the offseason yammering that they would go 6-0 to start the season, and the whole world shouting playoffs.

Thing is, aside from a couple of nutjobs on message boards, most people have piped down. But a couple of Bulls won't shut their pieholes, and haven't all year.
Could you imagine a smart veteran win oriented team talking big after going 1-6? Or all the little yips in the press all season long about how they were going places? Guaranteeing this and that. ........With this record?
Just gives you an idea of the naivete (spelling?) around this team.

The vets know that once the losses begin to pile up, you need to shut it up. At least don't get happy about moral victories when youn are the worst team in the NBA.
The kids need to forget about microphones and sweat out some hard practices and earn a few Ws B4 anything gets said. They are not close yet.

There was a thread earlier, about how do we feel about the happy talk. I guess thats a good question. We need more guys like JYD who want to break stuff after "morally victorious" losses, not sing happy songs like Minnie Riperton

Put up or shut up Bulls. You got kicked in the spine once again. :upset:

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Yeah I was uncomfortable with Crawford's comments after the road trip

"We have nothing to be ashamed of "

Again its a case of them thinking that they are doing enough and they get home, relax and get plucked like a virgin on prom night

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Anyway .. I agree with Shaq

Booing is the ultimate sign of respect

Maybe the problem is with the fanbase for continuing to go to games to support them

Maybe we should relocate to Orlando or Atlanta to teach these guys a lesson and get away from the fanbase that is obviously dragging them down

·
Registered
8,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by <b>fleetwood macbull</b>!

We need more guys like JYD who want to break stuff after "morally victorious" losses, not sing happy songs like Minnie Riperton.
LOL! so true.

:laugh:

all that positive spin sure spun outta control tonite.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts