Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Sexy Moderator
Joined
·
13,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Larry Brown said as recently as Monday night the Knicks still need a pure point guard next season. And there's a famous one right in the Knicks' backyard.

Jay Williams, the former Duke star mounting a vigorous comeback attempt following a June 2003 motorcycle accident, is on the Knicks' radar, according to an industry source. Williams is looking to get invited to a summer-league team this July with plans of playing in the NBA next season, three years after tearing three ligaments in his left knee and severing a nerve in his leg.
http://www.nypost.com/sports/knicks/64348.htm

Thanks but no thanks, I'm sick of the former Chicago Bulls players on this team as it is. We don't need to grab another one. Especially a player who injured his knee. Why don't Zeke try to grab some players from different teams for a change, maybe that will make a difference in the win and loss section next season. Besides Duke players are cursed, with the exception of Brand. :biggrin:
 

· A deserving All-Star
Joined
·
2,252 Posts
Knicks Close To Signing Jay Williams ?

According to an article in REALGM.COM The knicks are interested in the services of Jay Williams to be a backup PG next year. I would much prefer Speedy Claxton but this is a guy who got drafted ahead of guys like Amare Stoudamire for a reason. I wouldn't mind seeing what he's got left after the injury.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
390 Posts
Re: Another Bull On The Way? Jay Williams

WTChan said:
I'd say draft Marcus Williams and forget Jay.
I still like Jay will in this situation, also Marcus Williams is a turnover machine Im not going to lie he has been improving. Also he needs to learn how to defend well.
 
  • Like
Reactions: TM

· Registered
Joined
·
177 Posts
Re: Knicks Close To Signing Jay Williams ?

knicksfan said:
According to an article in REALGM.COM The knicks are interested in the services of Jay Williams to be a backup PG next year. I would much prefer Speedy Claxton but this is a guy who got drafted ahead of guys like Amare Stoudamire for a reason. I wouldn't mind seeing what he's got left after the injury.
And that reason was ignorance. Those who picked 2-8 in 2002 are still kicking themselves.
 

· X-Mas Taker
Joined
·
8,947 Posts
Re: You mean Marcus the laptop thief?

alphadog said:
Yep....just what we need. Whats wrong with giving Jay a try out? Nobody says to sign him if he can't cut it. he is exactly what we need if he can. You guys love the gangsters, huh?

exactly ...we are talking about a tryout . How can anyone be against a try out?
 
  • Like
Reactions: TM

· Sexy Moderator
Joined
·
13,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: You mean Marcus the laptop thief?

Da Grinch said:
exactly ...we are talking about a tryout . How can anyone be against a try out?
I'm so over anything chicago bulls related....I'm sick of Zeke's love fest...with former Bulls. It's just like Layden's love for Utah Jazz players...does he know there are 30 teams in the NBA?
 

· I'm too sexy for ya.
Joined
·
2,089 Posts
Re: You mean Marcus the laptop thief?

Haha, but hey, it's probably a given that we'll be trading away some high paid PGs on our team in the offseason so we'll have to replace them. We'll probably be thin at the 1 spot, but just as long as this doesn't turn out like how we did with Frank Williams then I'm fine. There will be a couple of quality PG's up in the air during offseason, Hornets want to lock up Claxton, but really, would he want to play as backup his whole career to Chris Paul? If he comes here and shows Brown what he's worth, then he'll get a great share of minutes. For all I care, if we can get Claxton, then I wouldn't mind him starting as our PG.
 

· X-Mas Taker
Joined
·
8,947 Posts
Re: You mean Marcus the laptop thief?

Kitty said:
I'm so over anything chicago bulls related....I'm sick of Zeke's love fest...with former Bulls. It's just like Layden's love for Utah Jazz players...does he know there are 30 teams in the NBA?

layden brought in shandon and eisley ...IT brings in the knicks 2nd 3rd and 4th leading scorers as ex bulls .

IT and layden should not be parrallelled here especially considering IT has only done 2 trades with the knicks ...the same # he has done with the rockets and suns.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
996 Posts
Re: You mean Marcus the laptop thief?

Da Grinch said:
layden brought in shandon and eisley ...IT brings in the knicks 2nd 3rd and 4th leading scorers as ex bulls .

IT and layden should not be parrallelled here especially considering IT has only done 2 trades with the knicks ...the same # he has done with the rockets and suns.


2 trades with the bulls* u mean :biggrin:
 

· Registered
Joined
·
390 Posts
Re: You mean Marcus the laptop thief?

Zeke loves giving the bulls good deals but might have to do with the fact he's from he is from Chi-Town.
 

· Sexy Moderator
Joined
·
13,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Re: You mean Marcus the laptop thief?

Da Grinch said:
layden brought in shandon and eisley ...IT brings in the knicks 2nd 3rd and 4th leading scorers as ex bulls .

IT and layden should not be parrallelled here especially considering IT has only done 2 trades with the knicks ...the same # he has done with the rockets and suns.
Messing around with Jay will be #3 with a BULLet, which will have the Bulls ahead of the Suns when it comes to acquring players. Can we say enough already? Explore other options....Zeke.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
981 Posts
Gotta tell ya, Kitty

You're all wet on this one. It makes no difference to me where they come from. The only thing I care about is if they can play and help. If JW can play and help make us better, then I'm all for it. I'm not sure where all the hate comes from on the ex-bulls but JC is finally living up to his potential under LB and Curry would easily be a top 3 pick in this years draft, if not the first pick. JWill is a high character guy with a phenominal work ethic (obvious)...he would be cheap....is a proven winner at the college level...AND he plays unselfishly while being a hound on defense. His health is my only concern. Whats not to like?
 

· Sexy Moderator
Joined
·
13,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Re: Gotta tell ya, Kitty

alphadog said:
You're all wet on this one. It makes no difference to me where they come from. The only thing I care about is if they can play and help. If JW can play and help make us better, then I'm all for it. I'm not sure where all the hate comes from on the ex-bulls but JC is finally living up to his potential under LB and Curry would easily be a top 3 pick in this years draft, if not the first pick. JWill is a high character guy with a phenominal work ethic (obvious)...he would be cheap....is a proven winner at the college level...AND he plays unselfishly while being a hound on defense. His health is my only concern. Whats not to like?
Anything Bulls related annoys me...since the Jordan days. Yep I'm a hater....:biggrin:
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top