Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Doesnt appear to be a big deal but Kobe blew off the team in philly after phil said he would be there. They didnt know where he was and he didnt tell anyone. I think he is looking forward to leaving them. I dispise Kobe, but Ill be his biggest fan the second he leaves LA. It sounds like he hates the Lakers more then I do sometimes

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=1728324

·
"Meow."
5,595 Posts
Naw, I wouldn't go that far.

Phil wasn't using good judgment when he asked Kobe to travel to Philly. Kobe has always been loyal to his home town, but Philly has such a crap fans. Imagine how dark that situation could have became. This issue won't linger...

·
Registered
17,149 Posts
Originally posted by <b>rlucas4257</b>!
Doesnt appear to be a big deal but Kobe blew off the team in philly after phil said he would be there. They didnt know where he was and he didnt tell anyone. I think he is looking forward to leaving them. I dispise Kobe, but Ill be his biggest fan the second he leaves LA. It sounds like he hates the Lakers more then I do sometimes

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=1728324
He strikes me as a creapy nut job. Like Jason Kidd, but in a different way.

Speaking of that, how about that for the trade of the century. Kobe to NY/NJ/Brooklyn and Kidd to the Lakers.

Kobe wants his own show and Kidd has run off another coach and doesn't want to go to Brooklyn.

I suppose there could be a problem in that Kidd and Payton are both PGs, but I think they could play together pretty effectively since they're both such good defenders.

Kobe, Kenyon, and Jefferson makes a pretty dynamic trio, although they need a PG in the worst way.

·
Registered
8,438 Posts
Re: Re: Another crack in the Kobe/Laker relationship

Originally posted by <b>Mikedc</b>!

Speaking of that, how about that for the trade of the century. Kobe to NY/NJ/Brooklyn and Kidd to the Lakers.

Kobe wants his own show and Kidd has run off another coach and doesn't want to go to Brooklyn.

I suppose there could be a problem in that Kidd and Payton are both PGs, but I think they could play together pretty effectively since they're both such good defenders.

Kobe, Kenyon, and Jefferson makes a pretty dynamic trio, although they need a PG in the worst way.
Easy. Jay Williams. :)

·
Registered
718 Posts

Yeah, then the lakers could have 2 head cases at pg. Payton was ejected tonight during a free throw.

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts

He strikes me as a creapy nut job.
Me too. I have this feeling that he is going to go to jail too.

I also have a feeling that the lakers are never going to really get healthy in time to be any good come playoff time. And it's possible they could get knocked out in the first round if they're not careful.

·
Registered
8,438 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Benny the Bull</b>!
I don't think Kobe will opt out, especially if the Fakers win this year. Have another chance at a ring in 2005, then he could leave. Plus he could have more places to go.
I disagree. I think since Kobe has already won with the Lakers, that will give him the closure he needs to move on to another better (he hopes) situation.

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i agree future

I am not sure about prison, but the Laker window is closing. And I am happy about it. Next year they certainly wont win unless they can trick another guy (rasheed wallace?) into taking their MLE. Right now, they play Dallas on the road in the playoffs in the first round. surprisingly, denver is only a game and a half behind them. They could conceivably have to play Minny or San Antonion on the road. And even if they are healthy, they would still get beat is my though

·
Me lose brain? Uh oh!
5,702 Posts
and to think, people were saying they could make a run at 70 wins this year...

they could still win the title if they get healthy within a few weeks of the end of the season, and I won't be betting against them in that case, but they will have a tough road and I think SAC, SA, and the Wolves can all beat them. Maybe even Dallas. And even the 5-8 seeds in the West will battle like hell in the 1st round. Whoever comes out of the West will have earned it, and might have to face a quality Pacers squad in the finals.

I also agree that Kobe's polished image is gone for good. The guy has some skeletons in his closet and I wonder about his mindset. I don't think he'll go to jail though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.