Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the chances he plays on the Olympic team for Serbia-Mont.? Growing up he was always considered one of the top players in his country, so even at age 18 could he be considered for a spot?

·
Premium Member
9,371 Posts
It would be nice to see him play there and dominate. Isn't the Brazil team packed full of young guns and they are pretty good aren't they? However, in Serbia don't they have to respect the vets? Even if he was on the team I bet he would be politically sat on the bench.

·
just foul
6,913 Posts
I heard Vlade said he will not play because he felt that it would not be good for the team. If he doesn't play, I think Darko could likely get a spot on the team. If Vlade doesn't play, the Serbs could still field a team w/ Drobnjak, Rebraca, and Darko rotating in the paint.

·
Registered
720 Posts
there are pretty good serbian centers who play in europe. I think that darko can be a reserve at max.

Brazil won't play the olympics again. We didn't play in Sidney too.

·
Registered
8,350 Posts
Originally posted by <b>RebelSun</b>!
I heard Vlade said he will not play because he felt that it would not be good for the team. If he doesn't play, I think Darko could likely get a spot on the team. If Vlade doesn't play, the Serbs could still field a team w/ Drobnjak, Rebraca, and Darko rotating in the paint.
they're tough on young guys there. radmanovic couldnt get any pt,of course him and the coach didnt get along. i would think darko could play there, at least on a substitute basis. they all are proud of milicic being drafted so high and probably would make room for him because of his lack of floor time here in the states, he needs to play somewhere. even young racehorses get to run around the track once in awhile.

·
Nobody
6,373 Posts
I hope that he does get some good playing time in the Olympics. I really want to see him in quality minutes.

·
Registered
362 Posts
chances are he won't get a shot for the olympic team unless Larry Brown gives him a lot of play time. We already have a lot of talented centres and powerforwards that it would be tough for Darko to make the team.

Vlade Divac - Sacramento Kings
Predrag Drobnjak - LA CLippers
Zeljko Rebraca - Detroit Pistons
Dejan Tomasevic - Valencia Pamesa
Nenad Krstic - Partizan
Dejan Koturovic - TAU Ceramica
Dragan Tarlac - CSKA Moscow
Ognjen Askrabic - Reflex
Dejan Milojevic - Buducnost Podgorica
Jovo Stanojevic - Alba Berlin
Djuro Ostojic - Partizan
Milan Gurovic - Vojvodina Novi Sad