Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=knight-whenyoudontliftteamyouren&prov=knight&type=lgns

Sorry I don't really know how to use quotes, but the author basically says that Kobe isn't top 10 in the world anymore, because his team doesn't have a winning record and then states that Dirk, Lebron, Dwayne Wade, TMac, Steve Nash, and Jermaine O' Neal are all better than Kobe. I guess he forgot last year when TMac's team was 21-61 and Lebron's was 35-42? He also says that Ricky Davis could be second in scoring if he got to handle the ball and shoot as much as Kobe does. This guy must really hate Kobe.

·
Registered
6,763 Posts
Behind Amare and Steve Nash???

LMFAO

That article is pure ****.

Safe to say that wouldn't happen with any other player considered one of the 10 best in the world.
the dumb ****er just named Tmac as one of hte top 10 players, and Amare and the Suns sure weren't at the top of the standings last season.

That is hands downt he worst article I've ever read.

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
I don't even care about these articles anymore.

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
Its funny to see that he is getting paid by Yahoo to write these horrible articles.

:curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse:

·
Elite Member
15,161 Posts
Hey now, you should have seen some of the stuff coming out earlier in the years from those guys; LeBron was hailed as the MVP and DPOY, Wade was the 2nd coming of Jordan, and KG was a top 10 player who can't win because of his talent. The press has always been fickle.

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
Well Dan LeBatard does write for the Miami Herald, what do you expect him to say? Dan's also Ricky Williams' personal ***** too...

·
Home where I wanted to go
9,855 Posts
Damian Necronamous said:
I don't even care about these articles anymore.
Exactly. The press is extremely fickle and will be riding the jock of the next young player to achieve success. They'll prematurely put him on a pedestal and then back off a year or two later when he's struggling. Watch how they treat Lebron if he misses the playoffs next year. He was considered the next Magic a year ago and he'll be the next Marbury if his team misses the playoffs again next season. Right now, Kobe's team is struggling so they're going to jump all over him, even though his team has been in the Finals four out of the last five seasons. It's all good, though. This hatred of Kobe makes me like him even more.

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
unfortunatley this fool didn't take Dwaynes EDIT- No vulgar terms please out of his *** long enuff to realize that Dwayne Wade commits more turnovers per game than Kobe...

·
Registered
208 Posts
Man that article is just.... That guy's points are just so stupid. Ahh I can't even talk about that article.

·
Premium Member
6,143 Posts
Hey La fans, just shut up. What more can u say when your team is 2-16 with Kobe? Can u say losing team? hahahha PM if u want to have a go at me!

·
Quite frankly, I'm...
14,767 Posts
John said:
Hey La fans, just shut up. What more can u say when your team is 2-16 with Kobe? Can u say losing team? hahahha PM if u want to have a go at me!
Not as bad as Knicks tho...

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
John said:
i can say we are 2-16, we are 34-43...

now let me try the second "losing team" there i did it...

now lets try you...

can you say Penny Hardaway?
now try this... say "career down the toilet!"

·
Premium Member
118,623 Posts
Wow...that's one of the worst articles I've read in recent memory...the Kobe hating will never end with these guys. I know it'd never happen, but imagine if Shaq was the one that drove Kobe out and somehow the Lakers still had this record...I bet the blame would go on Kobe for letting Shaq get to him, and Shaq would still be the #1 player ever, blah blah blah.

Kobe haters amuse me.

·
Registered
56 Posts
He's absolutely wrong, he ranked Kobe between the top 11-20. He should have ranked Kobe between the top 20-30. He's a star of the team but cant take his team to the playoffs. Then look at the Clippers, no superstar but have a better record than the Lakers.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Hollywood14 said:
He's absolutely wrong, he ranked Kobe between the top 11-20. He should have ranked Kobe between the top 20-30. He's a star of the team but cant take his team to the playoffs. Then look at the Clippers, no superstar but have a better record than the Lakers.
lmfao. name me 20 players better than kobe bryant. Kg didnt make the playoffs, does he suck to?? wow, the clippers have no star and are what, a GAME ahead of the lakers. oh **** wed better watch, there the new pistons. to bad they didnt make the playoffs either :cry: . not a very good point tehre buddy

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
Hollywood14 said:
As Ron Burgundy once said- with modification-

" I'm smart and I discovered the wheel and built the Eiffel Tower out of metal and brawn. You're just an idiot with a small brain. With a brain a third the size of us. It's science."

And to answer your ignorant ideas, using you logic Garnett is in the 20-30 range because the Grizzlies have no stars but they have a better record.

·
Registered
14,165 Posts
Hollywood14 said:
Hmmm... could this be a well-known, previously banned, Kobe-hating poster?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts