Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
89 Posts
what about AJ's Game-Thread-Posts, I liked them a lot, why did he stop?

Spurs are b2b and they use to be bad, when they played one day before, that will be a plus. And we had enough time to get the new energy, so I think a W is possible tonight...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,497 Posts
I think Denver will take a close one tonight.

I'm expecting Melo to hit for another 30+ point performance. However, I read that our Kobe-stopper is sick, but may play anyway.

The difference tonight will come from a big night from Buckner, combined with a great defensive effort from Patterson. Melo will have huge points, as will Miller, and Denver will win 104-99.

You heard it here first!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,497 Posts
It won't be Dre on Parker, though. They'll D up Buck on Parker and have Reuben Patterson slow down Manu.

I think that's the real reason we picked up Patterson. This team is being assembled to knock off the Spurs.
 

·
Volleyball Coach
Joined
·
24,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
darth-horax said:
It won't be Dre on Parker, though. They'll D up Buck on Parker and have Reuben Patterson slow down Manu.

I think that's the real reason we picked up Patterson. This team is being assembled to knock off the Spurs.
In that lineup, does Melo play PF and guard Duncan? How are you going to have Ruben and Buck on the floor at the same time?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
33 Posts
Make that internationally televised. I get to watch this one down in the land down under. I'm a big fan of Melo and really like the Nuggets so you know who I'll be rooting for. I also HATE Ginobili. I swear to god if he flops one more time someone should stand on that big nose of his. Tony Parkers a punk too. GO NUGZ!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,763 Posts
wow! terrible officiating already. the spurs get such crap calls, its rediculous...

and wtf is eisley doing trying to score on a layup w/ 3 seconds in your own end??? the clock went off when he was at the 3point line lol! i think i hate the guy already... :rofl:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,763 Posts
best half of basketball in YEARS!

melo is a stud with 16 at the half (70% shooting)
andre is toying with the spurs
ruben is getting to the hoop easily
camby with 10 boards at the half!!!
k has been solid on duncan
buckner LIGHTING IT UP from 3!!!
sh*t, even fransisco lookin good out there!
evans with 4 boards in 4 minutes!

great half!!! and the refs still suck!!!
 

·
Volleyball Coach
Joined
·
24,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I really like the team defense so far. Keeping the Spurs to 20 point quarters in Denver is a great stat.

It is becoming very clear that Kiki's best deals are at the trading deadline. Ruben and Evans are so incredibly valuable to this team.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,763 Posts
cpawfan said:
I really like the team defense so far. Keeping the Spurs to 20 point quarters in Denver is a great stat.

It is becoming very clear that Kiki's best deals are at the trading deadline. Ruben and Evans are so incredibly valuable to this team.
it helps when buck is hitting and boykins gets hurt :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,763 Posts
cpawfan said:
Apparently I'm not allowed to post at halftime.

:curse:

If they lose this, it is all my fault.
ehhh, melo with a clutch 12 points in the 4th. seriously, melo could have scored 50+ if finley guarded him all night!!! melo made finley look silly...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,148 Posts
pac4eva5 said:
ehhh, melo with a clutch 12 points in the 4th. seriously, melo could have scored 50+ if finley guarded him all night!!! melo made finley look silly...
He also did well against Bowen - something he cuoldn't do last year. That tells me he has taken his game to the next step, when he can score twenty some points on Bruce Bowen.

I hated how the announcers were praising Bowen for "shutting Carmelo down" in the second half, even though Carmelo was still scoring on him. Bowen actually did a good job, but Carmelo still won the matchup. No one in the league can guard Carmelo. I'd say Artest has a better chance than Bowen since Carmelo can't take him into the post, but he's too quick for Artest.

Now, if only Andre got Carmelo the ball more...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,763 Posts
RoddneyThaRippa said:
He also did well against Bowen - something he cuoldn't do last year. That tells me he has taken his game to the next step, when he can score twenty some points on Bruce Bowen.

I hated how the announcers were praising Bowen for "shutting Carmelo down" in the second half, even though Carmelo was still scoring on him. Bowen actually did a good job, but Carmelo still won the matchup. No one in the league can guard Carmelo. I'd say Artest has a better chance than Bowen since Carmelo can't take him into the post, but he's too quick for Artest.

Now, if only Andre got Carmelo the ball more...
those announcers were pathetic! "bowen shutting carmelo down one on one" WTF!!??? melo was doubled and trippled after he dominated bowen on that spin-move layup he made at the start of the second half!!! not to mention he was getting (mugged) EVERYTIME he had the ball!!! idiot announcers... :nonono:

i remember that foul by k-mart on manu. the fans gave k-mart quite an ovation. then that idiot tim legler was like "the fans want the flagrant, but it was a good call" WTF!!!!!!!????

THE GAME WAS IN DENVER!!! :rofl:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,763 Posts
RoddneyThaRippa said:
Now, if only Andre got Carmelo the ball more...
whaaaa???

melo had plenty of touches tonight! plus, andre played one HELLUVA game!!! andre played awesome just destroying parker.

he always seems to dominate parker everytime :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,642 Posts
What a game! Denver should have won by 25 or 30, but the refs love the Spurs!

Unbelieveable how many Manu fans were in attendance. Everytime he scored there were plenty of boos, but there was a concerning overwhelming number of Manu fans. Not a ton of Spur fans, but morons who were just cheering when Manu scored.

Basketball is not soccer. It's a team sport. Get on Manu's team's bandwagon or stay the hell out the the arena.

Too many Argentina jerseys and flags in attendance. It was weird to say the least.
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top