Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
2,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another Great stat that is probably over looked is that Lebron James isnt even in the Top 50 in Minutes Played Per Game... last year i believe i was down to him and Iverson for 43+ minutes. Right now he is around 35 minutes a game. Everyone on the Cavaliers is staying fresh right now Marshall/Zydrunas/Drew/DJ/Snow all are under 30 minutes a game right now.

But for a fun fact look who is #2 o the minutes played per game list, i had no idea he played that much for Boston. I mean i knew he had some good stats, but that much burn with that young lineup.

http://www.nba.com/statistics/playe...AME&qualified=N&yearsExp=-1&splitDD=All Teams

Another thing, look at the good teams in the East such as Miami they have 3 players in the top 50 in minutes played, and if you look with Shaq out they rarely go 7-8 deep in a game. I think alot of teams will be getting fatigued while unlike last year, we will have the depth, players, and energy to make a run through our tough April schedule this year.

·
Premium Member
18,840 Posts
If Luke can continue to play that will be huge for us as you pointed not from his production but mainly by keeping Lebron fresh. Not only is this good for the end of the season but Lebron will have more energy for the defensive side of the floor

·
Registered
7,809 Posts
By cutting back some of the starters minutes, Coach Brown is able to develop the bench player's confidence and rhythm. Besides keeping starters fresh, it's important the second and third mates are ready to wreck havoc out there and not merely be content holding onto leads.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Brown has said he wants to keep LeBron around 35 minutes a game and so far he has done that. I hope that the team can continue to give him the rest he needs. Another guys who is getting plenty of rest is Z. He hasnt played very many minutes so far and I think that will help him in the end. Last year he got tired and I dont think Brown wants any of his guys to be tired or worn out when the games are worth more.

2,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
And i think with "Wild Thing" returning in alittle over a month. That would also reduce marshall/gooden/big z times b/c i think Mike Brown has to get him into the lineup, unlike he 'has' to get Henderson into the lineup.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts