FG/FGA-2/12
3pt/3ptA-0/5
FT/FTA-5-6
Pts-9
Rbs-3
Asts-2
Stls-2
TOs-2

Wow! 9 points on 12 shots in 22 minutes of playing time. Good for you Derek. It's good to know we can rely on him in tough spots like these. What I want to know is how managed to jack up 12 shots in only 22 minutes? He was on pace to put up 25 shots. I'm convinced that this guy thinks he's a superstar. The sad part is that he probably wouldn't stop shooting if the game continued. He'd shoot 10 more times. I mean, when you're 2-12 shouldn't that be a hint? It's obviously not for Fisher. Rush actually has some sense and stopped shooting when he was 1-7. Not Derek. If PJ isn't careful Derek will shoot us right out of the playoffs. I'd recommend benching him now while he's stilll ice-cold. That way, he'll never get hot enough to fool you into thinking that he's broken out of his slump.

·
Home where I wanted to go
9,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here's the final. It looks like Rush shot a few more times. Oh well, I'd rather he jack up a shot than Fisher.

·
Premium Member
27,241 Posts
Yeah Fisher had another awesome game.. :rolleyes: BTW, George was 4-12.. You would think the veterans would wanna play.. Not the rookies

·
What Do You Know??? Shaqtus
20,601 Posts
Heres what i wonder, how the hell he can make 9 points out of 2/12 shooting and 0-5 from three land, how can the refs give him six free throws? And 2 TO's... nice touch...

·
20,601 Posts
Its always great to hear my family from the other room going "Fisher you suck" or "Damnit Fisher what kind of a shot was that" or "Fisher what kind of defense was that"... lets me know how the game is going...

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Fishers only good for spot up shooting (even though his shot is very inconsistent) and hustle. I have no idea why he tries creating shots for himself or others though.

·
Registered
5,032 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Pinball</b>!
FG/FGA-2/12
3pt/3ptA-0/5
FT/FTA-5-6
Pts-9
Rbs-3
Asts-2
Stls-2
TOs-2

Wow! 9 points on 12 shots in 22 minutes of playing time. Good for you Derek. It's good to know we can rely on him in tough spots like these. What I want to know is how managed to jack up 12 shots in only 22 minutes? He was on pace to put up 25 shots. I'm convinced that this guy thinks he's a superstar. The sad part is that he probably wouldn't stop shooting if the game continued. He'd shoot 10 more times. I mean, when you're 2-12 shouldn't that be a hint? It's obviously not for Fisher. Rush actually has some sense and stopped shooting when he was 1-7. Not Derek. If PJ isn't careful Derek will shoot us right out of the playoffs. I'd recommend benching him now while he's stilll ice-cold. That way, he'll never get hot enough to fool you into thinking that he's broken out of his slump.
I respect you're posts Pinball but why are you ragging on Dfish. The guy has been a team player for the Lakers for awhile now. He has one of best strokes on the team, the guy deserves to jack up some shots. Do you remember the 2nd year of the championship run? His 3point shot was automatic. He can still shoot the rock, he just needs to find his groove back, kind of like Stella getting her groove back. ;)

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Re: Re: Another productive night from headband.

Originally posted by <b>compsciguy78</b>!

I respect you're posts Pinball but why are you ragging on Dfish. The guy has been a team player for the Lakers for awhile now. He has one of best strokes on the team, the guy deserves to jack up some shots. Do you remember the 2nd year of the championship run? His 3point shot was automatic. He can still shoot the rock, he just needs to find his groove back, kind of like Stella getting her groove back. ;)
How long should we wait? He didn't have it consistently all last year either, and last year was his career best FG% at 43.7%.:no:

Fish had a good 3pt % last year, which, sad enough, was close to his 2-pt fg%. I just dont know, I think its time to give someone else his minutes and let GP stay at the point the whole time.

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
Problem is, SOMEBODY has to back Payton up, and now Fisher is the only guy left who can do it now that Pargo's been canned. Although the triangle offense doesn't use a PG in the traditional manner, somebody has to be in there that has the ability to bring the ball up court when Payton's goes to the bench unless the Lakers want to face back court pressure every time he sits down.

I bet the main reason Phil gives Fish so much PT is because he knows how to function in the offense. And while everyone knows Gary is 100X better than Fish, he also knows that Gary wipes his keister with the triangle and probably uses Fish to balance things out. You know, don't wanna fast-break too much.:rolleyes:

·
Home where I wanted to go
9,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by <b>Locke</b>!
I bet the main reason Phil gives Fish so much PT is because he knows how to function in the offense. And while everyone knows Gary is 100X better than Fish, he also knows that Gary wipes his keister with the triangle and probably uses Fish to balance things out. You know, don't wanna fast-break too much.:rolleyes:
Why shouldn't we fast break more? Payton can run. George can run. Malone can run. Kobe can run. Shaq can ignite the break with his rebounding prowess. PJ is just a stubborn old goat sometimes. Who cares if Shaq feels left out? When we can't run we'll just pound the ball into him in the post. This is a great offense that can beat you in a variety of ways. We're a great halfcourt team and we also have ability to run the court and score points. A transition basket isn't worth anything less than a Shaq dunk or a Kobe jumper. I like being multi-dimensional. However, you are completely right about Fisher. He can't play in that offense because he's not a natural PG and he doesn't have the size or athleticism to be a finisher. He's just a tiny little half-man who sits on the perimeter and waits for Shaq to pass him the rock. Rush should be getting Fisher's minutes. Once Kobe comes back he'll cut into Kareem's minutes at SG so I want Kareem to back up Payton at PG. It won't happen but I'd still like to see it.

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Pinball</b>!

Why shouldn't we fast break more? Payton can run. George can run. Malone can run. Kobe can run. Shaq can ignite the break with his rebounding prowess. PJ is just a stubborn old goat sometimes. Who cares if Shaq feels left out? When we can't run we'll just pound the ball into him in the post. This is a great offense that can beat you in a variety of ways. We're a great halfcourt team and we also have ability to run the court and score points. A transition basket isn't worth anything less than a Shaq dunk or a Kobe jumper. I like being multi-dimensional.
I completely agree, I was being sarcastic with that last sentence. I like Fisher but it's becoming more and more obvious that he's a limited 2-guard trapped in a 1's body, much like Iverson but without the speed or ability to create his own shot. He also can't lead a fast break like a PG should be able to. I'm sorry, but pulling up and taking a jumper isn't what I consider an effective fast break, and that's all Fish ever does when he's in the open court. But this team is built around Shaq, and Fish is role player if there ever was one. When Shaq is in there he normally serves his role fairly well, but when he's not.....well, you see.

·
20,601 Posts
sackings do you live in the LA area?
I sure do...

Why shouldn't we fast break more? Payton can run. George can run. Malone can run. Kobe can run. Shaq can ignite the break with his rebounding prowess. PJ is just a stubborn old goat sometimes. Who cares if Shaq feels left out? When we can't run we'll just pound the ball into him in the post. This is a great offense that can beat you in a variety of ways. We're a great halfcourt team and we also have ability to run the court and score points. A transition basket isn't worth anything less than a Shaq dunk or a Kobe jumper. I like being multi-dimensional. However, you are completely right about Fisher. He can't play in that offense because he's not a natural PG and he doesn't have the size or athleticism to be a finisher. He's just a tiny little half-man who sits on the perimeter and waits for Shaq to pass him the rock. Rush should be getting Fisher's minutes. Once Kobe comes back he'll cut into Kareem's minutes at SG so I want Kareem to back up Payton at PG. It won't happen but I'd still like to see it.
Becasue fastbreaking would totally cut down the most dominant player in the NBA... now who would want to do that? Its either Shaq or Payton with the ball, and Shaq is a better choice...

·
Registered
14,165 Posts
Originally posted by <b>SacKings384</b>!
Becasue fastbreaking would totally cut down the most dominant player in the NBA... now who would want to do that? Its either Shaq or Payton with the ball, and Shaq is a better choice...
I don´t quite agree...

I remember a certain team fastbreaking all the time (the infamous Magic-Scott-Worthy fastbreak) and still Kareem, the old and plodding center, having a vital part in that team´s success...

As far as D-Fish: i agree with the posters above. He is a jump-shooter who can´t create his own shot.
But the fact is, when his shot is falling (wich hasn´t happened in the last 2 years) the Lakers are pretty much unstoppable.

What where the playoff series where D-Fish averaged like 60% 3PTFG from Shaq and Kobe´s assists out of the double teams?
D-Fish´s one-dimentional play is only risen now because he looks like he can´t hit the broad side of a barn...

Maybe he gets his touch back.
Maybe he doesn´t...
But Rush playing his minutes? I don´t think so. Derek at least TRIES to defend...

·
Premium Member
6,937 Posts
I've been reading this thread all day, waiting for someone to remember what the secret to Derek's succes was.

Anyone?

Think back to the beginning of both of Fish's great seasons. What happened?

That's right, he had foot surgeries/issues. If memory serves me right (and it may not. I'm old.), both seasons he started out the year on the bench, came in during the season and went nuts during the playoffs.

Someone needs to break his foot quickly before it's too late!

:joke:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts