Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nets without Kidd this season: 4:12 (25%=3rd worst record in the NBA)
Nets with Kidd: 28:24 (53.8%=5th seed)
After recovering from an injury and with one of the worst supporting cast in the NBA if not the worst.

·
Premium Member
69,618 Posts
I think your also forgetting the fact that Vinsanity has been balling out of his mind, I am pretty sure without Vince on this team the nets would be looking towards the lottery right now

·
Premium Member
3,964 Posts
Hbwoy said:
I think your also forgetting the fact that Vinsanity has been balling out of his mind, I am pretty sure without Vince on this team the nets would be looking towards the lottery right now
Obvious, take away 2 of your top 3 players no one will make the playoffs, take Wade and Jones away from Miami, maybe the only team would be PHX who has 5 quality starters and a decent rotation. But other than that, I would doubt a team will qualify when they're missing 2 of their top 3 players.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hbwoy said:
Well, i believe that Kidd would have done that with RJ, Zo and Eric too. Jefferson averaged a crazy 25.5 PPG (more than 50% from the floor) on 10 games with Kidd. Along with Zo and Williams, they would have reached that record IMO.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
schub said:
Worst supporting cast? :confused:
maybe I exaggerated a little bit, but It's a really bad supporting cast.

·
Registered
101 Posts
X-JAY said:
maybe I exaggerated a little bit, but It's a really bad supporting cast.
Well... IMO you didn't. I was reading a NBA Insider article and the guy had written that statistically and the type of shots our guys take... add that with the low IQ guys of Jabari and Buford we have one of the worst supporting casts in the league.

He also mentioned that the Nets maintaining to keep on playing at .500 with Kidd and Carter alone... shows how good these two are.

·
Premium Member
6,143 Posts
X-JAY said:
Well, i believe that Kidd would have done that with RJ, Zo and Eric too. Jefferson averaged a crazy 25.5 PPG (more than 50% from the floor) on 10 games with Kidd. Along with Zo and Williams, they would have reached that record IMO.
Stop thinking RJ is as god as Carter offensively.

·
Registered
57 Posts
carter is 10 times better on offense, he can score at will, but RJ tries too hard, when we had him without carter, we couldnt even score 80 points, now we score 95+

·
Registered
101 Posts
John said:
RJ is not as good as him because Carter just has a god given gift.... RJ has really practiced hard to get where he is.

But RJ is more efficient... RJ on a everyday basis can go out, shoot the ball 15 times or less and score around 25-30+ points. He's one of the the most efficient players in the league. IMO VC and TMac, AI, etc., are not because at times they need numerous shots to get there points (such as the other night TMac needed 26 shots to get 27 points or guys going 15 out of 36 to get 48 points, etc.)

·
Premium Member
6,143 Posts
MightyReds2020 said:
I think RJ is better than Carter, offensively.
How so? You mean Kidd offen needs to screen screen for Jefferson for him to work in mismatches? U know it's so easy for opposing teams to defend the play because you can go double team and force someone to make a shot? Who will? Jason Kidd? And Also Jefferson doesnt have the footwork to lowpost someone anyway, it will be a face up jumper or turn around jumper against smaller player. Good, but it's not about just scoring the point if he makes it, it's about what if the shot is missed, did the opposing team defense had to help so they lost the position for rebounding?

There are many intangibles both Carter and Kidd would create where Jefferson cant and please stick with his without the ball game instead!

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
TataFry said:
RJ is not as good as him because Carter just has a god given gift.... RJ has really practiced hard to get where he is.

But RJ is more efficient... RJ on a everyday basis can go out, shoot the ball 15 times or less and score around 25-30+ points. He's one of the the most efficient players in the league. IMO VC and TMac, AI, etc., are not because at times they need numerous shots to get there points (such as the other night TMac needed 26 shots to get 27 points or guys going 15 out of 36 to get 48 points, etc.)
I totally agree. Carter is a better offensive player, but Jefferson is more efficient.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
John said:
I never thought that way. Overall (O AND D), RJ+Eric Williams+Zo+A-Train is better than Carter alone, and that was my point- maybe VC had big influence on the team's success, but Kidd could do it or even do better with RJ, the Williamses and Zo.

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
Zo?

What is this fascination with Zo today? The guy is a DISASTER. He hated being here. He was poison. I truly believe there is something wrong with him emotionally as well...he shows all the outward signs of depression. He is also 35 years old.

If he had stayed, he would not have played. Do people remember that he essentially went on strike? He was playing, then had a meeting with Thorn and Ratner at which he was told he would not be getting a buyout, period. Right after that, he said he had too many nagging injuries to continue.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
NetIncome said:
Zo?

What is this fascination with Zo today? The guy is a DISASTER. He hated being here. He was poison. I truly believe there is something wrong with him emotionally as well...he shows all the outward signs of depression. He is also 35 years old.

If he had stayed, he would not have played. Do people remember that he essentially went on strike? He was playing, then had a meeting with Thorn and Ratner at which he was told he would not be getting a buyout, period. Right after that, he said he had too many nagging injuries to continue.
He did contribute, especially defensively.

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
X-JAY said:
He did contribute, especially defensively.
More than defensively, he tore the team apart.

-Petey

·
Registered
12,128 Posts
X-JAY said:
I never thought that way. Overall (O AND D), RJ+Eric Williams+Zo+A-Train is better than Carter alone, and that was my point- maybe VC had big influence on the team's success, but Kidd could do it or even do better with RJ, the Williamses and Zo.
You are undervaluing the impact of Carter. He is a one man half-court offense. There are maybe 5 guys in the league you can say that about. He makes everyone around him better and is a willing passer on top of that. There are maybe 2 guys in the league you can say both of those things about. When you get soemone like that, you hold onto him and you get yourself some roll players to fit around him. That's all EWilliams, and A-Train were. I won't even mention ZerO.

·
Registered
12,128 Posts
As far as Carter vs. RJ offensively.... I think RJ is the perfect kind of player to work off of Carter. His efficiency should even be higher than it was in the past. RJ can do a little bit of everything and is going to make a great living operating in the extra space that Carter creates by drawing so much defensive attention to himself.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts