Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems that New Hampshire has gotten a commitment from Dan McGeary, a 6'1 combo guard doing a prep school year at Northfield-Mt. Hermon. Last year he played at Roxbury Latin in Boston.

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
I saw half of a game he played in at Roxbury... just happened to be there, and figured I'd take it in. He was very impressive in the half that I saw, but other than that I don't know much.

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
according to scout.com stanford was also looking at him.

i also found some info on hoopville about his play at the 2005 Five-Star Invitational

Dan McGeary (6'1" Jr. PG-SG, Northfield (MA) Mt. Hermon) Developing guard had a nice weekend as a complementary player. While he had some good moments and even went for 16 in their playoff loss, he's still clearly a work in progress. Next year, the West Roxbury, Mass. native will attend Northfield Mt. Hermon to play for a respected mentor, which will only help his development. Mid-major prospect.
http://www.hoopville.com/column/kasiecki.asp?EntryID=12440

Northfield Mount Hermon, his prep school, produced some D-1 players last year:
Colin McIntosh - Northfield Mount Hermon - University of Vermont
Matt Smith - Northfield Mount Hermon - Northeastern University
Jawaan Wright - Northfield Mount Hermon - Loyola Marymount

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Well it seems as if Herrion is getting the guards that he wants to play his system, any word on some bigs coming New Hampshire's way. I realize that it is a lot tougher to find good bigs then it is guards.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts