Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Burned
18,770 Posts
You have to love playing in a division where Sam Mitchell is the most dependable coach.

·
Volleyball Coach
24,889 Posts
PHeNoM Z28 said:
So what has Mitchell done to make you think of him as a better coach than Larry Brown?
Shoot, I thought you were going to ask me something hard like why I thought Mitchell was better than Doc Rivers.

The Knicks record is 100% the fault of Larry "I'm a freaking genius" Brown. Sure the Knicks weren't going to be a good team this season, but Sam Mitchell would have more than 18 wins out of that roster at this point in the season. Heck, Michael Cooper could probably get 15 wins with that roster.

·
Registered
7,332 Posts
:laugh: Okie point taken. I'm not a fan of Larry Brown or anything, but he seems to make every team he coaches for better and take them deep in the playoffs so I figured the Knicks problems were a result of stubborn players and poor roster build by management. I'm not counting Larry Brown out yet.

I think Mitchell would be a better coach for getting a few extra wins in the short term. But if I were going for a championship a few years down the line and needed someone to shapen up a team to prepare them for the ride then Brown would be a perfect fit. Although....Brown has a history of taking nearly completed teams to the next level. LB has a knack for being able to shapen individual players into team players which is something Marbury and Francis could benefit from to lead a team pretty far. If Reggie Miller endorses Brown and his system then who am I to disagree?

As for Rivers and Cheeks, they're still unproven thus I don't consider them great coaches.

·
Volleyball Coach
24,889 Posts
PHeNoM Z28 said:
:laugh: Okie point taken. I'm not a fan of Larry Brown or anything, but he seems to make every team he coaches for better and take them deep in the playoffs so I figured the Knicks problems were a result of stubborn players and poor roster build by management. I'm not counting Larry Brown out yet.

I think Mitchell would be a better coach for getting a few extra wins in the short term. But if I were going for a championship a few years down the line and needed someone to shapen up a team to prepare them for the ride then Brown would be a perfect fit. Although....Brown has a history of taking nearly completed teams to the next level. LB has a knack for being able to shapen individual players into team players which is something Marbury and Francis could benefit from to lead a team pretty far. If Reggie Miller endorses Brown and his system then who am I to disagree?

As for Rivers and Cheeks, they're still unproven thus I don't consider them great coaches.
Brown only has an NBA championship because Ainge was dumb enough to help Dumars land Rasheed and Mike James in a trade. Very similar to his NBA title on the back of Danny Manning who's dad was employed by Kansas in order to secure his committment.

·
Registered
7,332 Posts
cpawfan said:
Brown only has an NBA championship because Ainge was dumb enough to help Dumars land Rasheed and Mike James in a trade. Very similar to his NBA title on the back of Danny Manning who's dad was employed by Kansas in order to secure his committment.
Take the championship away and he still has a great history.

·
Burned
18,770 Posts
BEEZ said:
cheeks is the best
:laugh:

He is the best singer of the National Anthem.

·
Burned
18,770 Posts
Air Fly said:
Not even close. give Larry Brown this roster and he'll do wonders.
By "wonders" do you mean win 17 games?

Oh, and guess what? When he failed with the Nets, I wonder who he would be dragging through the media to make himself look better.

·
Banned
57,945 Posts
Air Fly said:
Not even close. give Larry Brown this roster and he'll do wonders.
I don't think so. The Knicks are losing, Brown is leaning on his history and blaming Marbury? Imagine how that would effect Carter, Kidd and Jefferson? Some times things are just not a good fit.

-Petey

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.