Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Nobody
6,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't live in Cleveland, but I've just heard from some Cleveland fans that it is being reported on local radio there that the Cavaliers have agreed to a trade today. Apparently there is a press conference scheduled for 6:30 PM.

Sounds like Ilgauskas is not a part of it, and it probably has to do with Darius Miles.

·
Nobody
6,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just heard now that it supposedly involves Rasheed Wallace and also the Knicks. With the Cavaliers not giving up Ilgauskas, I wonder what they're going to get back.

·
Registered
995 Posts
well if those are the teams involed hopefully it goes something like this.. Darius Miles and Ira Newble to New York, KVH to Portland and Wallace to Cleveland.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Of courset he above trade doesnt work.. SO I dont know how Cleveland pulls anything significant off without giving up z.

·
Nobody
6,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Now I hear they are reporting on Portland radio that the trade will send Ruben Boumtje-Boumtje and Jeff McInnis to Cleveland for Darius Miles.

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
That's a good deal. That's the type of player Silas has been pining for. And Mcginnis is a scoring PG, which should allow him to score off of Lebron playmaking skills, but also to be someone to bring the ball up the floor and make it easeir for Lebron.

And they get a backup center...another one. Which I would think means something is in the works with Big Z.

You've got Z, Diop, Battie, Boumtje-Boumtje(sp.) at the center position alone.

There really seems to be a solid connection between Silas and Managment. They are pretty much doing whatever Silas says. And Silas is just plain not putting up with any crap. Darius misses practices and is gone soon afterwards.

As far as Portland. You've got Darius Miles and Q. Woods as nice young forwards to play with Randolph.

·
Jesus Shuttlesworth
17,071 Posts
Yo Yo, is this 6:30 Eastern or what?

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
Originally posted by <b>KokoTheMonkey</b>!
What were the Cavs thinking signing Kevin Ollie for 5 years? What is he now, the 4th string PG?
He's the backup pg. Which is what he was signed on to do.

Lebron playing point is probably over for the most part. He'll still create in the halfcourt. But he can save his energy and work more on rebounding from the 2 or 3.

If they work a deal to trade Z for SAR you could have:
Mcginnis
Lebron
SAR
Boozer
Diop/Battie

·
Registered
10,840 Posts
He's the backup pg. Which is what he was signed on to do.
He' only been getting 19 minutes a game, and that was before they acquired a better PG. Ollie is a pretty solid player, but I still don't understand why the Cavs signed him for 5 years. It's just the Cavs have Wagner and Mcinnis now, so I don't see where Ollie fits in.

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Originally posted by <b>KokoTheMonkey</b>!

He' only been getting 19 minutes a game, and that was before they acquired a better PG. Ollie is a pretty solid player, but I still don't understand why the Cavs signed him for 5 years. It just the Cavs have Wagner and Mcinnis now, so I just don't see where Ollie fits in.
Maybe Cavs can send him with Z for Wallace, who knows?

·
Wolves Enthusiast
6,038 Posts
thanks, thats odd i didnt figure out that one, we have the same name!

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Originally posted by <b>futuristxen</b>!
That's a good deal. That's the type of player Silas has been pining for. And Mcginnis is a scoring PG, which should allow him to score off of Lebron playmaking skills, but also to be someone to bring the ball up the floor and make it easeir for Lebron.

And they get a backup center...another one. Which I would think means something is in the works with Big Z.

You've got Z, Diop, Battie, Boumtje-Boumtje(sp.) at the center position alone.

There really seems to be a solid connection between Silas and Managment. They are pretty much doing whatever Silas says. And Silas is just plain not putting up with any crap. Darius misses practices and is gone soon afterwards.

As far as Portland. You've got Darius Miles and Q. Woods as nice young forwards to play with Randolph.
Dude, I like the way you think. Most of what I see you posting (at least as concerns the Cavs) I agree with. Thumbs up:yes:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts