Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
11,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Perhaps, the Blazers are holding Rasheed out to see if they can win with Zach? If not (and, it seems that they can't), then perhaps they'll trade Randolph (along with others, in light of cap considerations) instead, then insert Sheed back at the 4 where he belongs - and probably would be more content/comfortable.

Just a thought....................

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Take out Zach and put in Rasheed and I don't think the Blazers(or fans) would experiance any better results. In fact, I think we'd do worse as Sheed is not even a go-to guy like Zach is.

Zach is an uber-talented player but he's only like 22 years old, and some blazer fans are already putting him down for not CARRYING this crappy team on his back.

Trade Zach, the only bright spot on our future...a 22 year old who averages 22 and 11. Yes, I think that would be a brillant move.:no:

·
Registered
300 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Yega1979</b>!
Take out Zach and put in Rasheed and I don't think the Blazers(or fans) would experiance any better results. In fact, I think we'd do worse as Sheed is not even a go-to guy like Zach is.

Zach is an uber-talented player but he's only like 22 years old, and some blazer fans are already putting him down for not CARRYING this crappy team on his back.

Trade Zach, the only bright spot on our future...a 22 year old who averages 22 and 11. Yes, I think that would be a brillant move.:no:
Ah, but you're not factoring in the talent that might be acquired, along with the possible extraction of crap (see: Damon) and cap-killers.

The idea of trading Zach + filler for some immediate help is intrigueing to me. I'm sure it's not gonna happen, but it's an interesting thought.

Any trade ideas out there?

·
Registered
84 Posts
I know what you are saying about Zach -he is a bright spot for the future. But lets face it - he's not 22 and 11 with Sheed out of the lineup now is he.....I don't know his avg with Sheed out but its about 1/2 to 2/3rds that.

·
Registered
16,001 Posts
You're speculating, obviously, but I don't see much evidence that what you're saying is true. Rasheed is a better player than ZR in my opinion, and I think that the team would be better off (now) with just him than just ZR. He's a better passer and defender which seems to make his teammates' jobs easier.

I don't think he's uber-talented by any stretch. He's very skilled for a 22 year-old, but I don't see the huge upside that I see in players considered uber-talented.

I agree (generally) that trading ZR is a bad idea. I also think that trading Rasheed (generally) is a bad idea.

It all comes down to what we can get for ZR. If he can bring us a legit superstar who's entering his prime: do it. If he can go with Damon and/or other salary cap drek for a good set of talent: consider it.

Ed O.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts