Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
51,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

6'10" 220 lb power forward for Kentucky consensus top 2 pick in the 2012 Draft.

Comparisons vary from Lamar Odom/Kevin Garnett to Chris Bosh/Marcus Camby.

When I watch him play and see his activity on the glass, what he brings to the game on the defensive end, and despite the fact that he is still very raw offensively shows good touch and nice form on his jumper the player he reminds me of is Patrick Ewing.

·
51,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

:drool:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Top 1 pick btw
and yeah, he seems like a KG/Camby type player, Ewing was hella slow tho, so I wouldn't compare the two
Lets hope the Raptors get him :)

·
51,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I hate the Raptors they are so good at being bad right now it is going to be hard to out tank them.

·
51,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Anthony Davis with a 18 pts, 14 Rebs, 5 blks performance in the NCAA semifinals, can't wait to see him in a Knicks jersey next year.

·
51,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The Knicks are missing their starting PG, PF and backup PF, their backup PGs are Toney Douglas & a washed up Baron Davis, and Melo is playing hurt if his groin gets worst and he has to miss games there is no way they make it.

·
do better
41,522 Posts
Anyway he's a monster. What's his ceiling? I think he could step right into the top 5 Center discussion by the end of next year...but is he ultimately a player you can build a title contender around?

·
51,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
51,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
What team with 14th odds or whatever has ever won the lottery or even gotten into the top 10.
Knicks would be around 9th or 10th not 14th.

·
Last Winter Was The Coldest
2,594 Posts
I thought he was a PF, I think he'll be a great Robin to someone elses Batman. He does have potential though if he improves enough in all aspects to become a kinda franchise player as Stat was early last season with the Knicks.

·
do better
41,522 Posts
Knicks would be around 9th or 10th not 14th.
OK, what 9th or 10th seed has ever won the top pick?

Or are you going to stretch it into them trading Melo and their say 7th pick for the 1?

Definitely don't see Duncan or Olajuwon, those guys were dominant one on one interior offensive players. I don't expect him to ever average 24 ppg honestly...and prime Duncan or Hakeem would average like 28 in this era.

·
Administrator
68,862 Posts
OK, what 9th or 10th seed has ever won the top pick?

Or are you going to stretch it into them trading Melo and their say 7th pick for the 1?
Bulls with Rose. But yeah, he's just dreaming. Let him. Knicks will probably keep the 8th seed in the end, rendering the whole lotto thing moot.

·
Registered
7,213 Posts
If the Knicks were to magically fall into the 9th spot in the east, they still have a better record than the wolves and suns right now, meaning they'd be sitting with a .6% chance to win the lottery. Basically I can say im 99.4% sure they arent winning shit. My hornets on the other hand...

1 - 20 of 39 Posts