Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anthony Johnson was just put on wavers by the Cavs.

I'd love to have Johnson as our third point guard behind Williams/Crawford as opposed to Brunson. Johnson played under Jason Kidd last year and at times looked pretty good in the playoffs. He's also a veteran, and I'd love to have someone with experience as a backup point guard, giving Crawford the flexibility to move over and play the 2 guard next to Williams at times.

Is anyone else intrigued by this possibility?

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Problem with picking up or trading for any vet pg now is the TRIANGLE. Training camp is almost over and the triangle is a difficult offense to learn esp. for pg's.

For this reason the Bulls are better off sticking with who they have as the 3rd pg, with a non-guaranteed contract, until Roger Mason comes back IMO

·
I never slice.
2,282 Posts
I don't see the need for picking up a 3rd PG. As others have pointed out in other threads, the Bulls have other players (Rose, Hassell, Hoiberg) who can function in that role in limited minutes, even if they are not prototypical PGs. They can get the job done, especially within the triangle offense.

If Crawford or Williams should go down with injury, I would pick up A.J. Guyton before anyone else.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts