Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been snooping around the Toronto Raptors front office of late and have had numerous conversations with GM Rob Babcock. He's been scouting the NCAA a lot this season, even moreso since the Vince Carter traded, and from what I've heard from him, the Raptors are very high on three players in particular. One being Antoine Wright. The Raptors love his game and really see starter stuff in him, Babcock says they're hoping to land him with that first pick if it falls to 10 or lower.

Kosta Perovic is a European guy they love, a couple of the Toronto scouts have been overseas for a good portion of the last 4 months, scouting European leagues. They love Perovic's size and want him to declare for 2005, apparently his people have given the Raptors an ultimatum, either guarentee a mid-1st position for Kosta, or he doesn't declare. The Raptors want him with that Philly pick, but they're looking to consider other options since he'll likely declare for 2006 anyways.

A guy they are high on as well is John Gilchrist, a PG from Maryland. Rob Babcock says they'd be happy to pick him up with that Toronto 2nd.

One guy the Raptors have scouted extensively this season is Gerald Green, and they like him but expect Green to go either #2 or 3 with Marvin Williams not coming out this draft. According to a Toronto scout, Raymond Felton turned them off, even with his great tournament. It doesn't sound like they'll be interested in Felton.

I spoke to a scout from the 76'ers earlier tonight at the Raptors game and they really like Josh Boone, so much so that they're willing to guarentee a lottery position for him if he declares (very unlikely due to personal matters) as well as trade for a 1st rounder, somewhere in the early teens.

·
Registered
3,819 Posts
And how exactly do you have all these connections?

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Dont listen to the Retard this guy is a moron and surfaces at the raps board with some school girl rumor and pretends like he is all that but ppl just bash him. I guess he decided to look for some friends here

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
This guy is ALWAYS wrong, and when his predictions don't come true (every one).. he dissapears for a few weeks, and comes back with some new bogus rumours.

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
:TorontoRaptors: has been doing this for a while, you'd think it would have gotten pretty old by now

·
The Future is Here
3,563 Posts
TRON said:
:TorontoRaptors: has been doing this for a while, you'd think it would have gotten pretty old by now
Ye I remember this guy now..... guess his life must be pretty boring if he has nothing to do but make up stupid rumors.

·
Registered
12,080 Posts
Lots of off the wall details in here.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts