Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how good could antonio mcdyess couldve been if he wasnt injured, say he never got injured in denver we all know he was a defentive all-star but where would he rank as far as top players are concerned if he was never injured?

·
Registered
9,747 Posts
He was stupid to leave Phoenix.

What a dumb decision.
Though the NBA should have investigated Denver for tampering. And when McDyess called Kidd and Chapman that he doesn't really want to sign with Denver, Chap and Kidd got on the airplane to Denver but the security guards were told not to let them in the arena.

Nobody showed up and Dice signed with Denver because he was pressured into it by Van Exel and others.

They even showed footage of Chapman and Kidd trying to get into the arena on the TV broadcast.

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by <b>O2K</b>!
how good could antonio mcdyess couldve been if he wasnt injured, say he never got injured in denver we all know he was a defentive all-star but where would he rank as far as top players are concerned if he was never injured?

·
kiss my grits
18,629 Posts
He'd be a definite All-Star in the East if 100%. Borderline All-Star in the West since there are already so many good ones there.

·
Registered
231 Posts
he was on his way to be a better version of KMART where he used to use his explosiveness as his skill ..... i think he would have been the 3rd best PF next to Duncan and KG ... IF he dind't get hurt

·
Home where I wanted to go
9,855 Posts
Originally posted by <b>chiuondis</b>!
he was on his way to be a better version of KMART where he used to use his explosiveness as his skill ..... i think he would have been the 3rd best PF next to Duncan and KG ... IF he dind't get hurt
I think the best comparison for McDyess was Kemp. He wasn't quite the competitor that Kemp was but he was equally skilled. The athleticism he had at that size was astonishing. The man was a physical marvel. He had everything you could ever want in a basketball player. The only thing that was lacking was that killer instinct that defines great players.

·
Skokie, IL 60076
17,170 Posts
Oh man. McDyess was so money. good comparison with Kemp. McD averaged 20 10.

behind Grant Hill, he's no.3 on the "I wish he didn't get injured cuz he would have had an AWESOME career" list

(2. penny)

·
Registered
5,529 Posts
Originally posted by <b>BigAmare</b>!
He was stupid to leave Phoenix.

What a dumb decision.
Though the NBA should have investigated Denver for tampering. And when McDyess called Kidd and Chapman that he doesn't really want to sign with Denver, Chap and Kidd got on the airplane to Denver but the security guards were told not to let them in the arena.

Nobody showed up and Dice signed with Denver because he was pressured into it by Van Exel and others.

They even showed footage of Chapman and Kidd trying to get into the arena on the TV broadcast.
:laugh:

i still get a kick out of this and suns fans STILL crying over it. tampering? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
Well if McDyess didnt leave Suns, Kidd would still probably be playing for us. We would of also added another big time player.

So McDyess leaving made a huge impact...

If we managed to keep Kidd and McDyess and we still drafted Marion... Suns would still be playoff participants...2nd rounder atleast.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts