Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What happened 2 him??? When he first signed on at Kentucky, everybody was raving about ho good of a player he was and that he would be a star....he was even in many mock drafts, lottery even!!! So what happened 2 him???? He is only averaging like 3ppg...

·
Registered
7,710 Posts
Don't ask. He broke his hand early last year and lost all of his confidence. When I saw him play over the summer, he was playing awesome, like the Antwain Barbour he was supposed to be like last year, but now he's falling apart in the games. I don't know if the confidence thing is still his problem or if it's the large crowds or what, but he has just fallen apart.

·
just foul
6,913 Posts
As a juco stud, he should have gone to Cincy, (no bias) UNLV, or some mediocre or bad team in a major conference so he could star. Kentucky is a great team and does not really focus on individual showcasing. I think he made a terrible career move going to Kentucky.

·
Premium Member
10,191 Posts
Originally posted by <b>RebelSun</b>!
As a juco stud, he should have gone to Cincy, (no bias) UNLV, or some mediocre or bad team in a major conference so he could star. Kentucky is a great team and does not really focus on individual showcasing. I think he made a terrible career move going to Kentucky.
I totally agree. I had high hopes for him this year, though. He's really been dissappointing.

·
Registered
7,710 Posts
Here's an article on Antwain.

Barbour's Coaches Await 'True Antwain'

"It's not like I'm out there just totally messing up," he said recently. When prodded, Barbour admitted the incessant questions about his struggles irritate. "A little bit," he said, "because it's going to bug anybody."

At a news conference earlier this month, Smith noted how well Barbour plays in practice, but, somehow, it doesn't carry over to games.

"In practice, he's more relaxed," the UK coach said. "No one's watching him."

Barbour agreed that he plays better in practice. Whether intentionally or not, he suggested a telling reason why.

"In practice, you just play," he said. "You don't have to worry about coming out or nothing. You're just going out and just playing."

·
Registered
7,710 Posts
Barbour had 12 points on 4 of 5 shooting from the field against Ole Miss.

He had a solid 8 points and 6 rebounds against Florida.

He had 10 points against South Carolina.

Ready for the big one? 23 points against Bama, which includes scoring UK's first 13 points of the game.

This is the real Antwain Barbour.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts